New Member Area New to Ford Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Need help with a 2006 Focus ZX3 Roush

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 12:25 AM
Default Need help with a 2006 Focus ZX3 Roush

Hi all,
Need some advice.

My name is Keenan from Atlanta. My wife has a 2006 Ford Focus ZX3 Roush, manual, 2 door, hatchback. We just recently found out it needs transmission work done. Don’t know the extent to what needs to be done, but from what we can tell the shifter has broken free from something inside and is loose. It runs, but can’t be driven because you can’t change gears.

We have decided it is time to say goodbye to this car, which was my wife’s first car, because we are having a baby.

My question to you guys is..... is this car something worth trying to sell to someone who would appreciate the rarity of this car, and how would I go about doing that? Or should I just sell it to a place like CarMax?

I greatly appreciate your advice! Thank you so much!

Old 07-13-2019, 06:43 AM

Depending on the condition and how well the car was maintained, if the trans is a stick on the floor or even column shift , what is inside is no big deal.

What if you checked with a few shops that have some trans experience and see what it might cost to have it repaired. If it is floor shift ,the tip of the stick may have just worn or broken off . All that would be required would be to remove the broken piece with a magnet and replace the shift stick.. Just because it is a transmission , don't let it intimidate you. A good mechanic can handle those type jobs in a flash. The most difficult part would be locating the parts. Again , you know this vehicle and know if you want to get rid of it or put a few bucks in it and have some $$$ for the addition to your family. Newer vehicles are nice, but the payments can be taxing on a new family budget. What if it is twins?