North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

New Customer needs advice.

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 08:05 AM
Default New Customer needs advice.

Recently, I had the unfortunate experience of doing business at******* Ford in ********, Massachusetts.
On November 20th, I called the service department and spoke to “XXXX” who had answered the telephone and asked if the special oil change and tire rotation Ford was advertising as the 'Works” only pertained to Ford cars. He answered “No” and I informed him that I drove a 2006 Honda Civic . He said bring it in and I further explained that I had my own oil and filter and he said it would be $26.99 and disposal fee of two dollars for the used oil. After getting the job done on Nov. 23rd, the bill was $34.95 and after questioning was told by the service advisor that the special applied to Ford motor cars “only” not other makes. I asked to speak to “XXXX” in front of the other employees and he did not remember the conversation from two days prior and affirmed that he was the only “XXXX” at that dealership.
When I pressed him for a reasonable explanation, he said “ just pay the bill and get the f**k out !!” I was astonished to say the least that anyone would say such a thing to a new customer in front of others and use such language as well! It's not so much now the discrepency in the amount I was charged or the wrong information provided but the Embarassment of having been addressed in such a manner.
Where should I go withthis abhorrant customer service or should I just forget about it and not ever return.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:47 PM
Default RE: New Customer needs advice.

zpak69,

That sounds like a crazy experience. I'm new to this area and have been lucky so far w/customer service. I would submit a complaint to the manager. It was bad enough that he gave you the wrong information on the phone, but even worst for him to speak to you in such a manner. Sometimes you come across people that shouldn't be working in customer service. His response could have been a defensive posture to cover the fact that he gave bad info. Did you ask to speak to anyone else after this took place? Did you say anything else that may have provoked him?

Old 11-27-2007, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New Customer needs advice.

Well,, everone has a bad day,, but,, most dealerships promote professionalism and customer service.. Doesn't mean they always get it right though.. Reading your post I'm not sure exactly which used the profanity, I'm thinking the Service Advisor, either way,, it and should NEVER have gotten to that point!! ..Ever.. More so for the amount of the difference.. I would thinik that most any dealership anywhere would have credited you the 5.00 +/-to keep the situation from going that far and chance loosing a possible future customer, and/or exposing the customers in the waiting area to that kind of conduct.. I've seen some pretty upset customers (usually the ones using the colorful language;.. sometimes rightfully so) and most times if the conversation gets heated, the Service Advisor will bring the Service Manager into the mix straight away to find a common ground (in most cases) and try and cool the situation, usually behind closed doors in the managers office if need be with all involved.

I think if it were me,,, and the advisor ect.flame me with language like that, and if the Service Manager 'wasn't' involved, he would contacted with names.. Hopefully an apology soon following.. Or, if the Manager 'was' part of the heat, then an option may be to go to the showroom and ask to get the dealership owner/s phone number.. It may not actually go that far, be surprised if it did, but may get someone in management on site 'other' than the service area employees involved.. If no one were to take the situation serious, ask for the complete names of the offending employee/s and try contacting Ford's Customer Service.. Could possibly get the dealerships management invovled at the service dept level if they think your going to press the complaint.. May get you no where either, but Ford takes the 'Customer Experience and Satisfaction' after a service/repair fairly strongly..

I know that most times (at least on a Ford repair) the customer is contacted for a quick survey on 'satisfaction' and a rating for the repair 'AND' the experience.. Not satisfied is a black mark from FOMOCO. I'd think someone making a few phone calls, or at the dealership management would take your complaint VERY serious... IMO,the apology should be from its origin, not from management.............

Good Luck...

Old 04-29-2015, 11:07 PM

did you tell every one how much it would have cost at yourHIi mileage service dealer to begin with. go back to HONDA see how much it would have cost. grow up

Old 11-13-2015, 03:35 PM

right sho....

Old 11-03-2017, 02:03 PM
Default Crazy!!!

This sounds nuts, I have worked with Flagship One, for all my needs, never had any problems with their customer service.