Ford Explorer This long running SUV has stood tough against the barrage of new entries into the mid sized SUV market, and with a variety of engine sizes and trim lines, the Exploder offers something for everyone.

02 Explorer Issues & Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 08:23 PM
Default 02 Explorer Issues & Customer Service

I have spoken to numerous 02 owners across NYS that have experienced similar problems and I am just reaching out to see how many more have experienced the same. The range from:

1) Back hatch cracking
2) Wheel bearing replacement
3) ELectric door lock
4) Gear and pinon replacement (maintenance bulletin TSB 05-23-3 issued 11/4/05)

In addition, how has your customer service been? I had mine in for a repair for #4 above (whole another story) and ended up being in the shop for 40 days! Seems in the process they broke a rear tie rod and initial reports was that part was not going to be available until 6/10/08! Seems that there are no after market parts available and is only made overseas (China). When I escalated both the issues to Ford's customer service, I received an unsatisfactory response from the Customer Care Center Rep. When I wanted to raise this beyond this rep, I was told that he was not at liberty to transfer my call to his supervisor!

Thanks in advance!

Frank