Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Which EU country should I incorporate for tax purposes?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2023, 03:23 PM
Default Which EU country should I incorporate for tax purposes?

What is the best place to incorporate a digital business in the EU for an EU citizen, assuming that low tax and low hassle are priorities? I will be tax resident in Portugal on the NHR.

Old 08-31-2023, 03:39 PM

When considering the best place to incorporate a digital business in the EU for an EU citizen with priorities of low tax and low hassle, several countries come to mind. Estonia is known for its e-Residency program offering a favorable business environment. Other options include Malta, Cyprus, and Ireland, which offer competitive tax rates and business-friendly regulations. However, it's essential to thoroughly research the specific tax and legal requirements in each country and consult with a professional advisor to ensure compliance with local regulations and optimize your tax planning strategy.

Old 09-01-2023, 10:48 AM

Portugal can be a strong contender, especially if you're already an NHR (Non-Habitual Resident). The NHR program offers favorable tax rates on foreign-sourced income, making it an attractive option. Plus, Portugal's business environment is relatively straightforward. However, it's essential to consult with a tax professional to ensure your specific business needs align with the Portuguese tax system.