help please i have a ranchero

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 11:38 PM
Default help please i have a ranchero

I have a ranchero been in my family since it was new, It is an indiapolis 500 editon its a is something i have not been able to find any history on, it nice but i would like to know why it has the emblems on the side of the hood. and if i should restore it to factory (if tis rare) or if its alright to beef it up a littlr thanks

Old 01-03-2009, 09:54 PM
Default RE: help please i have a ranchero

Some models had emblems on the hood. An online search engine like google or windows live search might shed some light. Obviously there were special editions geared toward racing fans and it is very likely this could be one. Production of them is more limited making them collector vehicles and thereby worth more to parties interesting in racing and racing memorabilia. I would suggest keeping it as close to what it is now as possible or it detracts form the value of it as a piece of history. For example if you are thinking of adding mag wheels - keep the old style rims for when you sell it. Also taking pictures beforehand makes repainting and repairs easier. Last of all - be present or personally remove rare emblems so they don't turn up missing and ruin the value of the vehicle.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:55 PM
Default RE: help please i have a ranchero

Color,Size and dimension checks on decals before any repaint will help in creating new reproduction decalstoo (if you have any).