PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
View Poll Results: What would you give for a built 302 and tranni combo with under 30,000 miles
$3,000 and buyer pays shipping
0%
$3,000 with free shipping
0%
$2,500 buyer pays shipping
0%
$2,000 buyer pays shipping
0%
Honestly it’s not worth more than $1,500
0%
Offer an early 90’s 5.0 needing rebuild as boot or something similar
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Built 302 and c4 for sale. Make a realistic offer if interested

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2022, 08:43 PM
Thumbs up Built 302 and c4 for sale. Make a realistic offer if interested

Around 6 years ago a had a late 80’s 302 engine completely rebuilt, bored 30 over and a cam that is a step or two above factory. I’m not someone that knows the exact specs in perfect detail but it’s got 650 Holley carb that had a rebuild at the same time and it comes with a set of factory mustang 5.0 headders. It’s mounted to a C4 automatic transmission that I had completely rebuilt the same time as the engine. The motor and transmission have less than 30,000 miles on them. Around 6 years ago I put the 67 f100 in storage until I could afford to restore it like I really want. It’s never gone without antifreeze in the block because I checked it before winter started each year. A couple weeks ago I put a new battery, fresh oil and filter along with a new rebuilt alternator and with only new clean gas , it was running after a couple of hours and I’ve got a short video of it running. I plan to pull the engine and transmission out, completely clean them and put a new paint job on the engine and sell the complete package. Carburetor, alternator, water pump, headders, new distributor, plugs and new plug wires, pulley’s and belts all together attached to the transmission. Can someone please tell me what a fair price to start asking at? I’m not looking to screw anyone but I don’t want to just give it away either. I’ll create it and get it to shipping but the buyer will have to pay for the shipping. When he gets it I’ll give him 2 weeks to decide if he isn’t happy with the purchase and if he ships it back, I’ll return his money. But a 2 week period is all I want to give. The engine shop that I used has rebuilt 4 engines over the years for my dad brother and I, with never any problems. They have been in buisness for at least 45 years. The transmission shop is the same as for as quality, reputation and experience. I am 100% sure that there’s just a little less than 30,000 miles on them. I have a note book with dates and the milage showing on my dash every 3,000 miles. I’m the only person that has changed the filters and fluid. I don’t have the sales slip for every service though. It is still in my 67 and after it sales, my brother, a master mechanic for 15 years will pull as a whole and I’ll completely clean then using high temp engine paint, color or color combo of your choice and final high temp clear coat. The valve covers are plain and I don’t mind airbrushing something on them for you. When I go to paint it I’ll go with whatever someone wants. so any advice floating around out there?