Windstar/Aerostar The beginning of the minivan for Ford.

2003 Windstar LX No Start/Crank with Anti-Theft Light Blinking!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2022, 07:20 AM
Default 2003 Windstar LX No Start/Crank with Anti-Theft Light Blinking!

To be brief, I have had this issue for awhile now, and has been sitting for about a year. I have owned this vehicle for almost five years and bought it from the original owner. In addition, the vehicle came with a aftermarket "AutoMate" Lock/Unlock Keyfob (no remote start) which has worked up until the no start issue. The first few years the van has ran great and only replaced normal maintenance such as brakes and tires. Before the problem I noticed that the speedometer and RPM needle would start to act erratic, and soon after the passenger window stopped working, and no longer works. About a month later I would I turn the key in the start position and there would be no crank or click but the Anti-Theft light will blink every few seconds. All interior lights, radio, lock/unlock buttons work. I have replaced and installed a new battery, starter/solenoid, and still have same issue. As of recent, I was able to have the vehicle towed to a mechanic who has checked the ignition lock cylinder, ground wiring, etc.. and still no answer. Spoke with the mechanic the other day and the BCM was brought up as a possible solution? Obviously I am not a mechanic and currently working with limited resources. Thank you for taking the time and would appreciate all helpful feedback.
-Joe

Old 12-17-2022, 11:06 AM

If you have a second key, try it. The one key you are using could have a problem.