Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

02 e250 w/ light issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator

No worries..

H/L switch connector meaning the main headlight switch.

Power distribution for the park/run lamps is out of vans interior CJB on fuse F2.10 (20amp) From the fuse panel,, power s/b 'Hot at all times' on the tan/white wire on the headlight switch connector. It's a fairly simple circuit for park lamps, so if there's no power there it gives a direction to go,, back towards the CJB, or, if 12v is out of the switch on the brown wire when park/head is selected, then look more towards harness/connector etc. issues.

The circuit (F2.10) shares a loom/circuit splice with the multi function switch for headlights function but since the headlights 'seem' to be working correctly I'd say the power is there. But with no park/run lamps the H/L switch connector test would prove out the fuse and the CJB as a quick test for a functioning power current in/out to the H/L switch for the park lamps.

If the power is there, and you rotate the H/L switch to heads/park and you have no current 'out' on the brown wire wire the H/L switch itself would be bad.. Being you hit a bump and lost heads AND park lamps, steers me towards the CJB and or its connector.

If you had no heads and park/run lamps,, I'd still check the F2.10, then at the H/L switch connector and finally at the multi function switch. You could also do a few pin point power distribution tests at the multi function switch so not to replace any good parts if that were the case..