Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

1991 e150 5.0 missfire when hot.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2024, 09:50 AM
Default 1991 e150 5.0 missfire when hot.

I have a miss fire only when warm. Cold starts it runs fine Intel it starts warming up. The miss fire gets worse as it warms up. It's never caught off on me. I just bought the van a couple mouths ago. Ford plugs, Ford cap and rotor. The distributor looks rusted inside . Also replace EGR AutoZone brand high pressure inline fuel pump with bosch one which I think is OEM the last guy put a cheap one on. Replace coil with nice AutoZone one. Did water pump because it was leaking.new battery.i have air intake off and injectors out and valve cover off .Also changed fuel pressure regulator. I'm gonna re do vacuum line. The van has 90 something thousand miles. Anything y'all think it can be.anhthing els I should check well I have it apart. Also new thermostat and housing. New moto craft spark plugs. Flushed radiator. If I think of anything else I will put in the post. But it only miss fire misfires when warm and gets worse the warmer it gets.ford e150 club wagon with the 302.

Old 02-06-2024, 04:07 PM

We don't know if the misfire was there when you purchased the vehicle. If it was and plugs were replaced, that is one thing. If the misfire showed up after plug replacement, could one of the plugs got cracked on tightening?
Also, that rust in the dist should be cleaned out because it could contribute to the misfire problem.

Old 02-06-2024, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by hanky
We don't know if the misfire was there when you purchased the vehicle. If it was and plugs were replaced, that is one thing. If the misfire showed up after plug replacement, could one of the plugs got cracked on tightening?
Also, that rust in the dist should be cleaned out because it could contribute to the misfire problem.
I bought it with the problem and didn't know Intel I was otw home l. Everything I replaced was trying to fix it. Also did air filter too

Old 02-06-2024, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by hanky
I got to cleaning the distributor today and it was loaded with old dead fire ants.