Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

E450 Parking Light Problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 03:45 PM
Default E450 Parking Light Problems

Seen a few threads similar, but never a real solution posted. Have an 06 E450 Motorhome conversion. When I turn off the lights, the parking lights don't turn off. They dim a little, but don't turn off. Tried the light switch, but didn't fix the issue. Disconnecting the battery or pulling the relay under the hood will reset it, but once you turn the lights on again, same problem. Nothing new was installed or worked on when this started, just happened out of the blue. Don't see any obvious wiring issues or the like, no alarm or security system or daytime lights. I am wondering what others who have had this issue did to fix it and maybe I can start there to find my problem...?

Old 12-08-2010, 06:18 PM

If this helps lets check it. Are you positive that it is the parking lights and not possibly the signal lites (all four) that are staying on? Could the relay itself be defective and staying hung up once energized? May be able to suggest some addl checks to assist pinning the problem down.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:59 AM

No, I am sure it is the parking lights. I swapped the relays around with another one just like it in the fuse block, but the problem stayed the same. Something is obviously bleeding into the relay on line. Anyone know the wire color scheme I should be following to trace this?

Old 12-09-2010, 11:10 AM

Don't have any wire color info at this time, but, Since we need to start from scratch, I would suggest you check every ground you can see and find and maybe one of them is questionable. It would seem something that is powered all the time is using your parking light relay pick circuit for its ground. You might start with pulling the fuses one by one for the circuits that are powered all the time. There are several and some may apply only to any special equip installed on your particular vehicle.