Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

Ford E150 4.6 L P0401 EGR CODE And Cylinder 8 Misfire

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2023, 12:09 PM
Default Ford E150 4.6 L P0401 EGR CODE And Cylinder 8 Misfire

I have been getting the same codes on my van. EGR valve is good and changed the sensor still getting the same code. Also cylinder 8 misfire changed spark plugs and wires still getting that code too.
WHen accelerating when I reach around 40mph the engine starts surging and the check engine light starts flashing.. What could be causing this?
PLEASE HELP!

Old 07-16-2023, 06:12 AM

In the past it was pretty easy to just replace a part or two, not so with today's vehicles.

They require special tools, knowledge and manufacturer info to diagnose AND repair.

We are limited with shops that can do this, so you may need to decide which shop to choose.

Dealerships are supposed to be able to handle this, but some have problems securing qualified people and getting them trained.

Vehicles today contain more electronics than the first space ship that went to the moon. When they perform as designed, great, but when they come up with a problem, some can become a little sticky and unfortunately that also becomes our problem. Where do we go?

Old 07-16-2023, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by hanky
In the past it was pretty easy to just replace a part or two, not so with today's vehicles.

They require special tools, knowledge and manufacturer info to diagnose AND repair.

We are limited with shops that can do this, so you may need to decide which shop to choose.

Dealerships are supposed to be able to handle this, but some have problems securing qualified people and getting them trained.

Vehicles today contain more electronics than the first space ship that went to the moon. When they perform as designed, great, but when they come up with a problem, some can become a little sticky and unfortunately that also becomes our problem. Where do we go?
Taking I to a garage is out of the question. I need to figure this out on my own. Could it be a bad vacuum line? What about the throttle control sensor?