Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

2012 Ford Escape

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 08:53 AM
Unhappy 2012 Ford Escape

Hello I am new to this forum and being the owner of 2 ford products was searching for a 2012 Escape starting system wiring diagram. I had changed the starter after it would not spin over after removing it from vehicle. so since replacing with new starter not a rebuilt. I have been having intermittent starting issues. I have been sure to have checked and cleaned all connections checked all fuses and diodes that I know of. when it will not start with key I can start it with a jumper switch clipped to starter solenoid. all suggestions and info would be taken into consideration. Thanks Pappataz

Old 01-17-2019, 08:02 PM

The above is for the 3.0 AWD. Didn't see any listing as to your engine or drive type. Maybe this will help.

Old 01-18-2019, 09:11 AM

Thanks sir but I was unable to open

Old 03-03-2019, 04:18 PM
Default starting issue

Originally Posted by pappataz
Hello I am new to this forum and being the owner of 2 ford products was searching for a 2012 Escape starting system wiring diagram. I had changed the starter after it would not spin over after removing it from vehicle. so since replacing with new starter not a rebuilt. I have been having intermittent starting issues. I have been sure to have checked and cleaned all connections checked all fuses and diodes that I know of. when it will not start with key I can start it with a jumper switch clipped to starter solenoid. all suggestions and info would be taken into consideration. Thanks Pappataz
Check your ignition switch itself.
Escapes wear 'funny', pushing in while turning may show this.

Old 11-22-2022, 01:59 PM
Question Finding a bumper filler

Hello, I own a 2012 Ford Escape Limited, red coloring. and was wondering where to find a front bumper filler piece that does not have chrome paint on it, I'm going to modify the vehicle and wanted to start with the grille and bumper, I have found the part for the grille, but I cannot find a front bumper filler that isn't chromed, if y'all have any ideas on where to find one or how to remove the chrome it would be much appreciated, thanks!

Old 03-18-2024, 06:47 PM

I am also new to this forum --I have a 2012 ford escape with the 6 cyl engine --about 60K miles super fast --last night wife drove it home, parked the car, went to move it --nothing --sometimes makes a very faint click noise when I pulled the battery cables to clean them (did not need it) -battery fully charged --use a jump box as well - nothing but a faint click -switch the starter relay with another one --still will not crank -any ideas? thanks bill

Old 03-19-2024, 06:36 AM

Hi. Since you are getting current to the starter, 'solenoid clicks', try tapping on the starter itself with a hammer or broomstick .
What is possibly the problem is ,the windings/brushes in the starter have a 'worn' spot. If that doesn't work, try to turn engine along with the flywheel,even just a little. See if it starts then.
That would help confirm a worn starter.

Old 03-19-2024, 06:40 PM

I agree with your good advice, however, with newer vehicles as suggested "Tapping" the starter is important because the newer smaller starters have powerful permanent magnets inside that if hit too hard with a hammer could fracture one of the brittle magnets inside. Doubt if a broomstick could do any damage, GOOD SUGGESTION.

Old 03-19-2024, 06:54 PM

FIXED -- 2012 escape would not start, starter not working --this is what I found. The relay socket for the starter relay (#30B), the wire was messed up underneath where the wires make up the the fuse block. It just happened, nothing was touched prior to the problem. Additionally the square red fuse (#11) was blow --wire fixed under the relay and replaced fuse --cranks and starts like it should.

Hope this helps--this is for the 2012 escape -I have the 6 cyl motor