Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

2013 Ford Escape Electrical Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 08:48 PM
Angry 2013 Ford Escape Electrical Issues

Hello everyone!"

My wife and I purchased a 2013 Ford Escape during the summer of 2015. About 3 months after is when we started to have problems. Randomly after the vehicle was shut down we would get a series of error codes across the display that would say '4WD OFF", "Engine fault Service now". All of the dashboard display lights go on and off and the vehicle will not start, and the ignition would click very loud. This problem has been happening randomly and renders the vehicle useless as it will not start. We have brought the vehicle into many different Ford dealers and spent several thousand dollars trying to find and fix the problem. Needless to say we have had no luck. I am curious as to weather or not anyone else has had this or any similar issues with this model.

This vehicle leaves my wife stranded very often and we tow it to the nearest dealership in hopes to find and resolve this issue. like i said nobody has been able to find any problems.

I have asked other people with this year and make if they have had any similar problems and the answer is YES! Others have said their Escape will loose power on the highway, and/or shut down randomly while driving causing dangerous conditions.

My hopes are that somebody from Ford will read this and respond before I have a much more serious problem. I fear that this vehicle will cause an accident and injure my family.

If i could i would sell this car and not have to deal with it anymore, but unfortunately I am not in the financial position to trade or buy a new vehicle.

PLEASE FORD IT IS TIME YOU RECALLED THESE VEHICLES. PEOPLE ARE GOING TO DIE AND IT WILL BE YOUR FAULT, I HAVE READ MANY FORUMS AND THIS PROBLEM IS ONGOING ON THIS YEAR AND MAKE AND YOUR COMPANY HAS DONE NOTHING TO RIGHT THIS ISSUE.

I do enjoy driving our escape it is sporty and handles well. Unfortunately it is unreliable and unsafe, and i will think twice before ever buying another ford product.

Not to mention your recent emissions scam.

Old 01-18-2018, 07:50 AM

I can understand your frustration and disappointment.
I believe you don't do any of our own work, but I could be wrong here.
Here is something you , can do , and provide the results here.
If you can get the vehicle to quit at home that would be better than out on the road.
You should hear the fuel pump run for approx 2-3 seconds when you first turn the key on. If you have to, get someone to be near the back of the vehicle to listen for the pump run for 2 seconds without trying to start the vehicle. Once you know what to listen for, that is what you need to do when it quits on you. If you hear it run for the 2 seconds after it quits on you ,that could eliminate a fuel pump supply problem. If not,
The might be a problem with the "Fuel Pump Driver Module " under the rear of the vehicle. Some had serious corrosion problems and the fuel pump would not work or would work sometimes etc. Can you do this?