Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

Car wont start, and other issues. Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 06:52 PM
Default Car wont start, and other issues. Please Help

I have a 2003 Ford Escape Limited V6, just replaced thermostat and fuel pump and 3 coils and 3 spark plugs recently. Now the theft light has come on and will not crank or start. The fuel pump is still not working unless I manually press the fuse under the hood which is also the only way the car will crank still will not start. That's because the previous owner got the key stuck in the ignition so he bypassed it with a dial you can turn. The dial will put the car into ACC and on mode but will not get the car to crank. Also btn1 and btn2 fuses under the hood are draining my battery. Maybe a parasitic drain? Can anyone help please?

Old 06-19-2017, 01:40 PM

From what you state, there is a poor connection in that area where you need to push on the fuse. You may need to remove the fuse block and check underneath for anything unusual like unwanted visitors (mice) that get into wiring for some unknown reason.
You will need to correct what you find one piece at a time. Sometimes people get into fuse slots with probes and spread them resulting in loose fit and poor connection problems. Once you correct what you see wrong there, you may find you don't need the rengineered dial up system, hard to say at this point.
After you get that concoction squared away we can tackle the parasitic drain problem if there is one.