Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

crankshaft position sensor

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2022, 08:55 PM
Unhappy crankshaft position sensor

Hi there,
hoping someone can help me to find the location of the crankshaft position sensor on my 2017 ford escape titanium 2.0. I'm search like crazy trying to find it with no luck. Thanks in advance.

Old 06-23-2022, 03:24 AM

They are "usually " mounted at the crankshaft's main pulley or hamonic balancer with an electrical connector attached.. Looks like this.

Old 06-23-2022, 05:46 AM

Unless you know for sure, folks don't go looking for crank sensors for no reason.

If your vehicle has a problem , let us know , maybe we can save you some time, $$$ , and needless work.

Old 06-23-2022, 10:07 PM

Thanks raski, your the best, I been looking for this part for two days.

Old 06-23-2022, 10:38 PM

Hi Hanky,
Thanks for the advice. Here is why I want to change the crankshaft sensor.

Ford Escape 2017 titanium 2.0 engine awd

I had a leak coming from my valve cover which I had fixed. I'm now getting a shutter when I press on the gas ever so lightly when I'm going about 80 clicks. It shakes a little and then goes away if I press on the gas harder. I find my gas milage is lower because of this too. Besides that the car runs smooth . I hooked up a code reader and I'm getting a code error p0344 camshaft position A bank 1 sensor. My engine light has come on and stayed on. Its been two weeks I been trying to solve the issue. I changed the camshaft sensor but no luck. I changed the spark plugs, air filter and still no luck. I think what has happened is the oil leak from the valve cover drip down to my crankshaft sensor causing it to read incorrectly and maybe producing a misfire. not sure though. From what I was reading I could just switch it out with a new one and if this fixes the issue the shake should be gone and my engine light should turn off. Hope this fixes it cause if not Im out of ideas. I'm not a mechanic I could do simple jobs like breaks ects...If someone has had this issue before or any ideas whats going on, I could sure use your help. Thanks guys I'll keep you update.

Old 06-24-2022, 08:09 AM

Before replacing it , consider cleaning it and the area around it with some Brakekleen.
Did you clear the code and see if it comes back?
If the code returns you could be dealing with a possible engine timing problem.
Lets see what you get before going further.

Old 07-11-2022, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by hanky
Unless you know for sure, folks don't go looking for crank sensors for no reason.

If your vehicle has a problem , let us know , maybe we can save you some time, $$$ , and needless work.
I guess this is now the psychic connection forum.

People waste a lot of time and a lot of money replace one item and then another and then post of a forum. A good independent garage mechanic can check the CPS in minutes and the cost of a new one is less than $50.