Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

No Sound 2023 Escape Hybrid AWD

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2023, 12:20 PM
Default No Sound 2023 Escape Hybrid AWD

Has anybody run into a problem with no audio on their Escape? The volume shows 0 level no matter what you do. Radio and phone. I first into this issue on my Escape about 3 months ago. I briefly disconnected the 12V battery and the sound started working again after reconnecting. Now the problem has returned. I didn't try to fix it this time, instead a made an appt. at the dealer. I take it in tomorrow. It appears to me to be a software bug.

Old 12-03-2023, 06:18 PM

We would appreciate it if you would tell us how you made out and what they found to be the cause, thank you.

Old 12-27-2023, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by hanky
We would appreciate it if you would tell us how you made out and what they found to be the cause, thank you.
The dealer replaced the DSP (Digital Signal Processor) module, part number PJ6Z18B849A. The good news is the sound has returned. The bad news is that the car was returned with a couple new glitches. The interior lights would not come on automatically when you opened the door, although they could still be manually turned on. Also, when turning the car off the radio etc should stay on for about ten minutes but instead the car went dark and a message appeared that everything was shutting off to save the battery. I reset the car to factory setting and went through the owner manual, couldn’t clear either problem. So I made another appointment. They could not get me in until today. The power down problem cleared up after a week or so, prior to the appointment. The interior lights just started working again today, when I got the car to the dealer (of course). So they said they couldn’t do anything without the problems present. I left the car with them anyway, because there is yet another annoying issue; Sync can’t download my contacts from my my phone. They were able to verify that at the dealer and will probably update the software.