Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

PATS 2008 Ford Escape

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2021, 10:13 PM
Default PATS 2008 Ford Escape

I have a Ford Escape 2008 V6 XLT 2wd. Car quit starting but PATS would unlock after hitting dash a few times and car would start. I purchased an instrument cluster and ELM cable and downloaded FORScan 2.3.41 beta. I've had several issues since then but finally got keys to program in. And I'm on FORScan forum as well but trying for all info I can. I have worked as mechanic before but not certified. My concern now is that I have not got the IC module to initialize. The keys are programmed and work. But PATS has yet to unlock. I have no fuel pump or starter or injector from pcm. This car has set maybe 5 years. I do not know if they flashed the module correctly or not. They did put the mileage in. I did not check the AS BUILT DATA when I started. And it has changed some since. Same for the GEM/SJB and ACM. I keep correcting that data. I had some compatibility issues such as autolock enabled in ICM but disabled in GEM that I have resolved. I'm new at FORScan as well and many of you probably may use something else. OK it has no way to erase KAM, nor does it allow me to reset parameters. The ERASE AND PROGRAM KEYS function is supposed to do that. I could not add keys at first because UNLIMITED KEY MODE was enabled. Once I disabled that I can program keys. Also I have to enable spare keys and program at least 2 keys for the car to start. I did that. But I have not completed the IC MODULE INITIALIZATION. I cycle key on/off for 30 minutes and think I'm getting no where. Sometimes the AS BUILT DATA changes so I correct it. Trouble is Ford only has so many lines AS BUILT DATA. In FORScan I have 6 extra lines for GEM. And 726-14-01 changes often. Which I believe is as it supposed to do until it finds the right code. I only have a pcm DTC P1000-FF which shows incomplete test. My problem may be ground or electrical or wiring or bad ICM or SJB or PCM. I bought a Ford Factory Service manual USB flash but the wiring diagrams appear incomplete. I am new here and have not read a post or searched yet. But thanks any help is appreciated.