Ford Taurus The long running mid sized sedan offering sure footed front wheel drive and a roomy interior.

2008 ford focus

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 12:19 PM
Default 2008 ford focus

Hi. I bought a 2008 ford focus with messed up ignition switch and wires. I bought a used ignition switch assy and rewired it, bought and cut 2 new keys from ford dealership. Used my Autel scanner to program the keys.it says security access gained after 10 minutes. I reset the parameters, erased all keys and reprogramed 2 keys. After the programming the theft light on dash is not flashing rapidly anymore but still the codes B1213 and P1260 reset and I can't clear them also when try to start it the theft light stays on and won't start. I heard that only ford can reprogram the keys. But I need a second opinion. Does anybody have any ideas? Please help. Thank you!

Old 08-21-2018, 03:14 PM

A capable locksmith can do that for you. Capable= with the proper tool and also certified, to get the confidential info to access your vehicle and do the necessary reprogramming. Most of the times it is less costly to use the locksmith.

Old 08-21-2018, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by hanky
A capable locksmith can do that for you. Capable= with the proper tool and also certified, to get the confidential info to access your vehicle and do the necessary reprogramming. Most of the times it is less costly to use the locksmith.
Thank you so much for the replay. But don't they use a universal scanner just like what I used? I am a Kia master tech and use my Autel scanner when I work on non Kia cars. Since my scanner can access the PAT system and does erase and reprogram keys ( the theft light changes the frequency before and after programming ). If the lock smith uses a universal scanner wouldn't the results be the same?

Old 08-22-2018, 03:39 AM

What does the ign sw messed up mean?
You will probably need to clear the PCM and reinstall the "as built" data ,from Motorcraft site, then clean and reprogram the keys to the system.
If you still get codes transceiver around sw has a problem.

Old 08-23-2018, 10:02 PM

They broke the ignition cylinder and damaged the housing also cut the wires. So I replaced the ignition housing and cylinder with a used part. Rewired the cut wires. Reset the pcm, cleared codes. Cleared codes in cluster module and rest, cleared all known keys and reprogram 2 new keys. After I clear the keys or before I even start the whole thing, the theft light flashes rapidly but after I programed the new keys, the theft light flashes every second or so. Doesn't the change in frequency of the theft light indicates that the transceiver reads the keys? Correct me if I'm wrong please.
Again thank you for your time

Old 08-24-2018, 03:23 AM

The anti-theft light should be blinking with no keys in the ign. once the key is inserted and turned to the on pos the light should go out.

What and how did you use to reset the PCM?
Everything has been altered and must be reprogrammed from scratch.
As I see it you have the choice of having a locksmith do it or tow the vehicle to Ford dealer or have a Ford tech come and do it .

Old 08-24-2018, 08:00 PM

Are you local. If so how much would you charge me to take care of it?

Old 08-25-2018, 07:30 PM

As much as I would like to help, I do not have the certification to get the info and put it into the vehicle PCM.
The certification involves a security check of the individual and so on.
A certified locksmith can access the info and do what needs to be done.
It would not pay for me to do this unless I was in the locksmith or dealership business..

Old 08-27-2018, 12:50 PM

Oh ok. Thank you so much for your time. God bless you.