Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

Window Regulators-2009 Escape

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 12:26 PM
Default Window Regulators-2009 Escape

When these fail...there is no warning, Had the DS go out so ordered one from rockauto. Not hard to install but you do need to remove door panel, un-plug all the electrical connectors, un-bolt speaker and use a razor blade to cut through the glue holding on the foam insulator door pad to then un-bolt the regulator assembly

Immediately after replacing it I activated the other windows to confirm all windows worked from the DS switch panel.....RR broke. Replaced that one. Year later the DS rear failed. Weird as I rarely use the rears and the DS is the one used every day so not surprised it died.

With only the front PS left I suspect it will die soon also

The replacement regulator/track assemblies sold through the local auto parts stores are twice the $ as the exact same one rockauto sells...their cheapest brand. They also have AC delco ones for double what the cheaper ones are. IDK if they are any better. Visually they look exactly the same. You can buy just the motor or track separately but I just bought the assembly. The motors did not fail, the cable mechanisms did.

I used the old "hold the window up with wood" trick until the replacements arrived from rock auto as the local auto part stores had to order them anyway and they were twice the $ as RA

YMMV but 3 out of 4 have failed on mine

This is not a hard part to install. You do need Torx socket to remove 2 of the bolts (inside door handle release and arm rest/pull).