Ford Expedition The Expedition provides the feel of a full size truck with the seating of a large SUV.

2002 expedition

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 06:01 PM
Question 2002 expedition

I have bought this 2002 expedition used and have the owners manuel, but no door code. Does anyone know how to get it without going to the dealer? My cruise control does not work either, never did, any ideas on that? and the back doors lights stay on no matter what position they are on, so they are unplugged. I also have 2 codes P0171 and P0174. Runs great, but has a rich smell when started in the cold. Thanks to anyone who can help me out

Old 01-09-2013, 06:17 PM

If you take your registration with the complete vin to a good Ford dealer parts dept , they might be able to get or direct you to where you can get a new one. Some things are best done at the dealership level---most times!
If you have the owner's manual it should tell you which fuses control what and where they are. Should also tell which relay and where it is located. Loads of info in there.
The codes indicate a lean condition on both banks. You might start with checking for any loose or broken vacuum hoses and then move on to possible intake leaks ,or whatever is common to both banks like PCV system hoses. You didn't mention whether or not the C/E light was on.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:20 PM

thank you for the information and yes the check engine light is on steady

Old 01-18-2013, 07:40 PM

I had the same codes, and found out after replacing "everything else" that as it got worse (I let the codes just go for a few months), that I had a vacumn leak on the upper and lower air intake manifolds. Gaskets are about 18 bucks at Autozone. If you can do the work yourself, save you about 270 bucks in labor... But now works great. I have a 00 Sable with the V6.... Brake cleaner is about 3 bucks, great for finding the leaks.. Also, check your PCV hose and elbow, they suck for reliability on these engines. (3rd one I put in)... Good luck

Old 06-27-2017, 07:54 AM
Default Door code help

Originally Posted by ncfordowner1965
I have bought this 2002 expedition used and have the owners manuel, but no door code. Does anyone know how to get it without going to the dealer? My cruise control does not work either, never did, any ideas on that? and the back doors lights stay on no matter what position they are on, so they are unplugged. I also have 2 codes P0171 and P0174. Runs great, but has a rich smell when started in the cold. Thanks to anyone who can help me out
hi was looking for help on my own 2004 expy but so many interesting threads I keep reading & saw yours. I bought mine used with the manual & was told I had to contact Ford to get code. Luckily I had a fuse issue & read manual Found out fuse panel box located on front passenger side door under the dash there was a code in black bold print for master or factory code above the fuses yours may be on panel cover if not. My bff I I had hell of time getting up under enough to see but did find some numbers & sure enough they worked! Don't know if same holds true for 2002's but can't hurt to look. Hope it helps! Now I'm back to looking for best answer for loss of power on 2004 Eddie Bauer expedition it's not battery or charging system they are good I had a feeling it was electrical short or fuse related & I'm thinking from past issues & reading posts here may be fuel pump relay or need fuse panel replaced due to faulty factory windshield leak causes damage to fuse panel on passenger floor area from water & i have issues may be linked to both for the last year. Example:. Vanity light doesn't work & dome lights but also per driver seat & no heat blows up front on drivers side. Just blows cold and auxiliary pwr ports lnked to turn signal also linked to driver rear brake & turn signal when fuse blew so did bulb had battery draw last year replaced it & cable with fuseable link but thats still looks to need to be retaped to prevent grounding out. someone mentioned also vapor hose & another line that runs above a.c. compressor that gets damaged may just need that repaired etc ..... Hoping i figure it out cuz now it has the service engine soon light on so gotta go see if there's a code now. Also very very hot in Tempe Az this week when started the power Loss no engine sound or response for a sec upon slowing down after going on freeway. 122 this week we hit maybe that causing it? Any thoughts or help I'm all ears! Let me know?