Ford Expedition The Expedition provides the feel of a full size truck with the seating of a large SUV.

2013 Expedtion randomly acting like not getting gas

Old 07-10-2019, 12:31 AM
Default 2013 Expedtion randomly acting like not getting gas

Hi. I just had a new fuel injector module replaced in my Expedition. The mechanic also searched the gas tank to make sure there was nothing in there obstructing the flow of gas. I just drove 500 miles and then all of a sudden it starts acting up with the same problem again and now I am stranded. I read some other forms and it seems like it might be an electrical problem. When I step on the gas, it feels like it is not getting any. It barely idles. Any ideas?

Old 07-10-2019, 06:49 PM

Any check engine light?
Speculating and can't tell from your info so far GAS or Diesel?

Old 07-10-2019, 06:54 PM
Default Problem found (according to dealer)

It's a gas vehicle, and yes, the engine light came on but not right away. The dealer said it was the airbox, which is something I never heard of before. So we shall see if they fix the problem. They said there was a five-day wait for the part but I'm going to have it overnighted so hopefully by tomorrow night I will have my car back. I will let you all know.

Old 07-11-2019, 06:23 AM

I couldn't tell from the info you previously provided because a fuel injection control module is usually associated with a diesel engine.

As I stated earlier,this is speculation.
I suspect there is a problem with the "Electronic Throttle Body" which controls engine response according to driver demand at the accelerator pedal.
Common problem, which hopefully will have some warranty coverage.
There is no shame in asking them to explain exactly what they suspect AND why.
I would after it is repaired, ask them where the air box is located and how it works because either you didn't understand what they earlier stated or they just told you anything .