Ford Explorer This long running SUV has stood tough against the barrage of new entries into the mid sized SUV market, and with a variety of engine sizes and trim lines, the Exploder offers something for everyone.

Mild throbbing idle and throbbing revving

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2024, 12:41 PM
Default Over revving Windstar

Incidentally I pulled the fuse…17 for ciglghtr/pwrpnt and reinstalled. Circuit woke up and OBD could be read again. MIL extinguished. Pending code came up for “3way catalytic converter”. But nothing current. Not sure if all the monitors are ready as I’d pulled the PCM fuse in the CJB as I investigated for any blown fuses. Curiously, after doing so I found I could not turn my steering wheel to the left with assist from the PSPump. That’s why I’m preparing to flush the system now before the long road trip.

Old 04-25-2024, 09:43 PM

After a full flush of power steering system; greasing the balljoint and steering column u-joints, There was no improvement what so ever. I’m more suspicious that while inspecting fuses yesterday, I created another problem with the P/S system. I read through my list of fuses and don’t see one that pertains to PSS. Now I’m on the road to NC with a steering system that can hardly budge. You’ve been so helpful and I thank you. Hopefully we make it to NC safely. I brought my tools, Jack and jackstands. If I should get an idea, I may try to investigate—but my son is getting married tomorrow and that’s all I care about right now. Could you see if any fuses I may have touch would affect the PSS in such a way?? thanks in advance

Old 04-26-2024, 09:05 AM

Attached below the PS system diagnosis. Like most cars, when it's engaged it sends a ground signal to PCM to increase the idle speed. Even when it's not connected it's not detectable by the PCM and won't affect other components.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
PS.pdf (128.3 KB, 10 views)