Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.

06 F150 passenger side power window

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2022, 02:26 AM
Default 06 F150 passenger side power window

WTF, my passenger side window will only go down. I changed the window regulator(didnt help), I changed the passenger side door switch(didnt help). Could it be the double switch on the driver side??? I do not know what direction to go in at this point. I inspected the wiring and it looks like new so I don't think it is a broken wire. It will only go down from both switches, driver and passenger(standard two door model). HELP!

Old 11-28-2022, 05:52 AM

Without proving it, I would say there is a broken wire in the driver's side door hinge area. Been there a few times ,

Here is how you can prove this, Usually you can remove the switch assy from the drivers side without removing the entire panel.
You do need to remove the passenger door panel.
Now with the key on, using a simple test light , when the passenger side window switch is placed in the up position it will send power to a particular colored wire. one is hot all the time and the color that gets power in the up position has to send that signal back to the driver's door switch to complete the circuit..
How you prove this is to take a long piece of wire and temporarily connect it from that wire at the passenger side that gets power in the up position and connect that long wire to the same color wire at the driver's door switch. Now the window motor circuit is complete and the motor should operate and send the window up.

That is the easy part. The hard part is you need to pull the rubber boot from the driver's side door or the door pillar to see the wire you are chasing down.
You will not actually see the break, but it usually is in that area. It is not an easy physical fix because the work area is so tight and confined.
At least you will be able to get the window up. Let us know how you make out with this OK, thanks.