Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 xlt f150 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2024, 06:05 AM
Default 2014 xlt f150 5.0

Hello Everyone. I'm stumped at the moment, I have a 14' f150 5.0. Been down for a while. Was driving one day amd everything shut off, cluster gauges went up and down and went off, used starter fluid and it started but died immediately after it was burned off. Thinking it was fuel pump changed it and still no start, had no crank no start, replaced fuse 27 for pump, checks relays, changed spark plugs, coil packs and alternator. Soon is going to be Battery. It cranked after all was changed, but still no start. Checked via computer and got power from fuel pump and was working as it should, but truck died due to bad battery.

Was informed to change fuel filter but can't seem to find filter, like the predecessors I thought the filter would be on the frame under driver door near transfer case but only found the Fuel Vapor Canister. Wondering if Fuel Vapor Canister has filter built into it. Need tips and advice. Planning on changing out Purge Valve tomorrow. Don't want to waste anymore money due to this issue.

Thanks in advance for Helpful tips and advice

Old 01-19-2024, 11:42 AM

From your description of the gauges would lead me to suggest a power interruption to the vehicle.
One needs to be careful here because the fuel system is powered by electrical power and a faulty diagnosis can be made.

A good starting point would be to check and clean all the connections starting at the battery and any points where wires come to a junction. `
Many times they look OK, but are still corroded underneath. The right way to check them is to remove them, clean them then reinstall them.
Just looking at them does nothing !
Also. if the charging system has a problem, the vehicle will run off the battery until it cannot provide any more power for things to work, then everything shuts down.
Hope we provided some helpful things to check. Please get back to us if additional assistance is required., thank you.

Old 02-27-2024, 02:24 PM
Default Update 1

Will Crank but no Start, changed out spark plugs and redid the connectors for coil packs. Went as far as getting a new battery and new driver fuel module still won't start. Running out of options and don't want to take truck in where I'll be raked over the coals in service/labor fees. Checked all grounds and both fuse panels and everything checks out to be ok. Was thinking could it be fuel EVAP system, or fuel Purge Valve.