Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issues with console

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2023, 12:48 PM
Default Issues with console

For a while now I have been having issues with my console when it comes to my XM radio presets, the clock, rear seat reminder and most recently, the emergency brake self applying after I park.

I have had to reprogram each radio station to a preset button countless times, I have even created a profile in the hopes that would fix the problem, it has not. All of my presets still show the star as a favorite, but not on a present button it has been assigned to. My clock has also had to be changed from 12-hour to 24-hour time countless times as well. I have the rear seat reminder turned off because I keep the seats folded up and we do not have kids. Recently, probably in the past couple weeks, the emergency brake has self applied each time I park and I cannot find any "switch" to prevent that from happening. Not sure if that was part of an update or not. Last night while driving home, I was unable to change the XM channels when I touched the preset and my profile was gone. Got home, turned my truck off, restarted it and everything was back to normal.

All of these issues happen randomly. I can drive my truck and everything is fine, come back a couple hours later and things are all messed up and no update occurred during that time. I am getting frustrated with these issues happening and was wondering if anyone else is having the same issues. The next step is to take it in, again, and see if they can find out what is causing this.

Old 10-31-2023, 01:25 PM

It would be nice if we knew the year and model of your vehicle..

From your description it does sound like there is a poor/intermittent connection in the power supply to the vehicle.

Without trying to second guess the place you are having check it out, might be abetter move to wait and see what they find.

Old 11-01-2023, 06:50 PM

It is a 2021 Ford F-150 Powerboost Hybrid Lariat.

Since my initial post, the radio has reset once already and no update was performed.