Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

p0299 turbo under boost help

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2023, 10:01 AM
Default p0299 turbo under boost help

LONG STORY, I'll try to keep it short.

P0299 code comes on only when towing and truck loses power. Light goes off after turning truck on or off. Does not come on when not towing.

Been at the dealership 5 times now. First time they "couldn't recreate" Next time they tested pressures and couldn't find a reason. 3rd time they said it was some sensor (sorry not sure which) that was corroded. payed $850 to have that changed and guess what. ...Didn't fix it. Brought back in,. they had it for 2 days and told me it was the Cat Cons and charged me $600 for that diagnosis and gave me truck back with crank case pressure sensor not hooked back up.. Not feeling that explanation I asked them to disconnect down pipe to bypass cat cons. Took it out and still got the code so not the cat cons? . Brought back to dealership and they said that they guess it was the turbos but also stood by bad CAT's and wrote me and estimate for about 10k to get both replaced then gave me truck back and didn't tighten down pipe completely and wanted to charge me to hook it back up. Dealership has been SH*T to from go so not feeling what they are saying. Anyone else have a similar issue. Does the 2.7 L have an EBOV? I hear those can be an issue. Dont see oil any where near turbos, SUPPOSEDLY all hoses were checked by dealership....

Any help would be much appreciated.

Old 06-26-2023, 10:26 AM

If the light goes off after you turn the key off , it means the PCM has reset. When the problem reappears the light then illuminates.

Codes do not always mean a, component itself, is malfunctioning . It could be a poor connection or the component is receiving incorrect info.

That is what make some of these problems a little difficult to pin down.
What does help is; provide as much info as to what you are doing with the vehicle and when that the light comes on. Sometimes it is something the operator does that might contribute to it happening and the tech may not drive it the same way when attempting to test drive the vehicle. All these things get into the picture and , the more info , the bettter.