Ford Five Hundred The new mid-sized luxury sedan, offering a powerful engine and all wheel drive.

Vibration from stop at light to medium acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2020, 11:08 PM
Default That nasty vibration!

Originally Posted by worldtriad
I have the same problem. Looked at the TSB, and had Ford tech look at it. They diagnosed upper motor mount, and it was bad. Had it replaced. Vibration still there at around 40-45 MPH in the 1200-1400 range or so. I can hear a metal rattling like a heat shield at times.

Now I am wondering if they missed a lower motor mount being bad? I found a great price on buying them, but they still charge a pretty good amount to replace them.

Thanks!
That motor mount beside the rear catalytic converter has a heat shield over it. Maybe mount is bad and moving it around? I have same vibration with no solution. (yet)

Old 01-15-2021, 04:38 PM

My exact problem!! Like the engine is touching something in D only!!! The vibration starts in D with foot on brake!!! Would LIKE to step on FORD'S head, while in D.

Old 05-16-2021, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Harold Reyes
That motor mount beside the rear catalytic converter has a heat shield over it. Maybe mount is bad and moving it around? I have same vibration with no solution. (yet)
SELLING THIS P.O.S.FORD "GARBAGE brand for $1000. Henry Ford and his racist Anti-Semitism CURSES HIS POORLY MADE, ''Fix or Repair Daily '', "garbage" brand. All FORD dealerships forced to repair 1 or 2 year old TSB drenched 'garbage' brand.

Old 05-17-2021, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Harold Reyes
SELLING THIS P.O.S.FORD "GARBAGE brand for $1000. Henry Ford and his racist Anti-Semitism CURSES HIS POORLY MADE, ''Fix or Repair Daily '', "garbage" brand. All FORD dealerships forced to repair 1 or 2 year old TSB drenched 'garbage' brand.
Nothing wrong with the brand. The problem appears to be you. Most of my vehicles have been Fords and have been happy with them.. Instead of laying on the ground kicking your heels, having a tantrum when things don't go your way, use some common sense and logically solve your problem instead of whining about it..

Last edited by raski; 05-17-2021 at 05:45 AM.
Old 05-17-2021, 05:58 AM

Something to think about,
Technicians and mechanics often blame the engineers for designing a system/feature the way it is.
Unfortunately, the engineers get blamed when the company management allow the "bean counters" to make the final decision on construction.
It is all controlled by the "Cost" to produce multiplied by the number of units.
The engineers would like to make it last forever and that makes them the hero.
It seems business doesn't do well when it lasts too long.

There is probably a lot more to this , than , "Darn manufacturer makes junk".
What do you, think?

Old 05-17-2021, 06:15 AM

Instead of trying to resolve this issue logically, going back to atleast December with the help of this forum, he found it easier to "bash the brand" with child talk. Too bad Ford can't give him a trophy for participating.

Old 05-31-2021, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by retsdarb
I have a 2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited that is experiencing a vibration problem.
The vibration occurs consistently from a stop, but not at speed, when under light to medium acceleration. The vibration sounds like it is coming somewhere in the front end and is not associated with alignment. The vibration only happens in a specific band of acceleration that represents perhaps 20% of the range, if 1/10 is barely accelerating and 10/10 is full throttle. The vibration stops once the car has reached about 25 mph.
Can anyone shed some light on where to start looking?

I have taken it to two dealerships with no results so far, although that is a long story in itself. The next step is going to be to teach my wife how to reproduce the problem and have her take it to a different dealership near where she works. Any insight would be helpful though.

Thanks!
MYSTERIOUS VIBRATION---- COULD be that FORD/VOLVO neglected to put in the EXHAUST SPRINGS with the BOLTS!!! THIS can cause vibrations on accel. AND in DRIVE while stopped!!!! THIS is a TRANSVERSE MOUNTED ENGINE, you FORD ENGINEERING/ COST CUTTING MORONS!!!!

Old 06-01-2021, 01:16 PM

How about a little help here?
Can you feel the vibration in the steering wheel?
Can you feel it in the seat?
NVH (Noise-vibration=harshness) are big things these days
Some shops are better prepared to pin down the source then other shops.
What do you get if the steering wheel is turned to the extreme left or right on take off?

Patience really pays off in situations like this and just as sure as you might feel where the problem lies, the people checking might share you point of view and both you and the people checking it out could all be wrong. Some problems that seem to be coming from the drivetrain or suspension could actually be originating in the engine itself. AND this can take a tech for a ride until the source is pinned down , then the cause and correction is not that big a deal.
How you approach the service agency has a lot to do with the amount of endeavor they put into finding the problem.
I would be reasonably sure your vehicle is not the only one that has or had this problem..
Has anyone ever checked to see if the engine might have a misfire problem that to a lot of folks is described as a vibration?
Do you know if anyone checked the vibration damper on the engine?

Old 08-18-2021, 09:37 AM
Default Vibration

Originally Posted by LMT
Yes, motor mounts are good, it seems to be a harmonic type of vibration/noise, I have looked at everything very carefully with no solution, occurs in that very narrow rpm range and it's very noticable.
NO, you CAN'T tell condition of mount all the time JUST by LOOKING at it!! They get hard from heat and cause vibration, but physically look OK. Replace all mounts-$$$$$- then it is solved!! Use FORD brand, best quality.For the lowest prices on Ford parts, use FordPartsGiant.com. Some dealers online offer"wholesale" prices, but BEWARE!!!!!!

Old 08-18-2021, 12:07 PM

A lot of folks are not aware that some Ford motor mounts are liquid filled. They do a fantastic job, but can be expensive, and unfortunately don't last forever.
You can get cheaper mounts , but are they the same type, probably not. So you install them and the problem seems the same because you purchased inferior quality that was designed for price and not performance.
Whenever possible to avoid comebacks , I try to stick with certain OEM parts. You might pay a little more, but again do the job once and do it right.

Quick Reply: Vibration from stop at light to medium acceleration