Ford Five Hundred The new mid-sized luxury sedan, offering a powerful engine and all wheel drive.

Vibration from stop at light to medium acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2021, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by retsdarb
I have a 2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited that is experiencing a vibration problem.
The vibration occurs consistently from a stop, but not at speed, when under light to medium acceleration. The vibration sounds like it is coming somewhere in the front end and is not associated with alignment. The vibration only happens in a specific band of acceleration that represents perhaps 20% of the range, if 1/10 is barely accelerating and 10/10 is full throttle. The vibration stops once the car has reached about 25 mph.
Can anyone shed some light on where to start looking?

I have taken it to two dealerships with no results so far, although that is a long story in itself. The next step is going to be to teach my wife how to reproduce the problem and have her take it to a different dealership near where she works. Any insight would be helpful though.

Thanks!
It is the round motor mounts. I had the same problem. Dealerships were USELESS MORONS. The mounts get hard, but physically look ok. The perpetrators are the 1--one beside converter down at the firewall. Also described as the R side one because the pulley end is known as the F side. 2-- AND the L side one down by the radiator. 3-- AND the trans. mount on driver side. Lesser probability is the top small bushing sticking out at top of engine, but it TEARS EASILY. You can change it once a year!!! POOR FORD/VOLVO DESIGN. Used Ford Brand Parts [FordPartsGIANT.com] lowest prices, but STILL EXPENSIVE, and it worked!!!! AFTERMARKETS WERE STILL HARD, gave ROUGH RIDE.

Old 11-24-2021, 07:18 PM

Motor mounts---IF THEY ARE NOT CRACKED, -ALL of them 'LOOK' good just by looking at them. They get hard like a rock and look allright and give out vibrations galore!!!! If it has high miles, replace ALL with ----$$$$$$$$$$ Motorcraft brand[better made, last longer]. WILL solve vibrations as you described, as it did with mine

Old 08-13-2022, 08:31 PM

I'm new in this gathering. I have a few inquiries regarding this gathering. These inquiries are displayed under:

https://www.fordforum.com/forum/ford...-pieces-45959/My inquiry is about this thread. On the off chance that you have any data about this string. Tell me beneath. I'm extremely confounded about that.

Old 01-05-2023, 10:12 PM

MOTOR MOUNTS. The one behind and below the upper intake[R side] caused my vibration. I changed all the others, but did not help. Mount gets hard from the heat, but it looked brand new, no cracks anywhere. Bought Motorcraft $$$$$$$$$$ one, because it is better quality made, and don't want to do the job all over again!!!!!!!!!----- ONLY a slight vibration is felt in D, upper torque strut bushing needs changed again, BUT, that TERRIBLE VIBRATION is gone, runs, drives out smoother, the smiles returned!!!!!!!