Ford Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with FF? Ask. Have a suggestion to better FF? Tell us here.

???dealer

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2023, 03:00 PM
Default ???dealer

Hi folks,I own a 2015 fordf150 lariot.truck has been nearly flawless.i recently dropped my truck off to get the oil change.after telling me it was ready,he mentioned a litany of work that was needed,totaling in the thousands.most involved leaky/weeping seals in various areas.i dropped the truck off at my local mechanic,and also friend.he looked at the suspected areas,but could,nt find any fluid leaks.my question is,if I go to a different dealer for,say an oil change,can they see the recccomended service by the previous dealer?

Old 03-11-2023, 04:23 AM

I wouldn't believe they can see that information from the previous dealer but I do not see the relevence even if the new dealer can see that recommended information or even spend the time obtaining it.If your friend cannot see any leaks and your driveway is spot free, I wouldn't be concerned over it.

Old 03-11-2023, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by raski
I wouldn't believe they can see that information from the previous dealer but I do not see the relevence even if the new dealer can see that recommended information or even spend the time obtaining it.If your friend cannot see any leaks and your driveway is spot free, I wouldn't be concerned over it.
Ok,thanks

Old 03-11-2023, 05:58 AM

Believe it or not, some places on the vehicle are designed to seep..
The reason is to keep seals lubricated so they don't wear as fast and produce big leaks.

A good shop knows this and usually will not push for extra unnecessary work.