Ford Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with FF? Ask. Have a suggestion to better FF? Tell us here.

Transmission Range Sensor 2014 F-250

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2020, 06:30 AM
Exclamation Transmission Range Sensor 2014 F-250

Wondering if anyone ran into this problem? I had a check engine light come on and the code P0706. Took to dealer and they replaced the range sensor inside the transmission housing. Everything was working fine. Then the problem started again. When looking at the gear shift indicator PRNDM under normal operation this indicator is illuminated to indicate what position the transmission is in. Well what happens is this light will go off and I guess it don't know what gear it's in and kind of downshift and jerking. Brought back to dealer for more troubleshooting, they still can't find what's causing this problem. This truck only has 80K miles. Any Advice? Thanks Chris

Old 02-15-2020, 09:28 AM

Intermittent problems can be a tech's worst nightmare. Because there are so many places a poor connection can exist , it can take considerable time , patience and effort to produce the condition if at all. You have done all you can by bringing it back and allowing them to chase down the cause. Unfortunately , not all problems come with an immediate solution. A lot will depend on the person doing the job, but they do have all the info necessary to study the layout and do the necessary checks. If they can't find the cause they can always go to their engineering dept for assistance whereas outside shops may take a little longer to pin it down.

Old 02-15-2020, 09:44 AM

Thanks for your input. I’m at their mercy. I’ve video several times when it happens. And showed the dealership. So I will keep letting them troubleshoot.
thanks