2013 Fusion fuel filter - Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners

Ford Fusion The next installation in the Ford sedan lineup not only joins as the new mid sized sedan, but also as the Ford entry for NASCAR.

2013 Fusion fuel filter

Old 05-27-2018, 10:04 AM
Default 2013 Fusion fuel filter

Hello, the fuel filter for a 2013 Ford Fusion is a bit of a mystery for me, very little or nothing online , just wondering if you have changed yours or have seen location and instruction.My car has a 1.6 liter eco boost.
Thanks

Old 05-27-2018, 12:00 PM

Maybe this post will be of some value and maybe not.

First if, you are planning to attempt to replace the fuel filter on your vehicle ,2013 Fusion, and you have never replaced a fuel injected vehicle fuel filter before , you might want to read up on the recommended procedure before getting a fuel bath and worse a possible fire. If this doesn't apply , skip it.

Sometimes if you aren't sure what the part looks like, purchase a new filter, now you see what you are looking for under the vehicle.

As earlier stated, changing a fuel filter that sets in a pressurized fuel line can present problems if you do not take certain precautions.
If you have done it before, just a reminder, if not, a WARNING , so please be careful.

Old 05-27-2018, 03:35 PM

I've changed fuel filters on my truck but pulled the fuse first and turned over the engine to depressurize the fuel system.I did read you never have to change the fuel filter in this car but I've never heard of a filter that doesn't need changing.