Ford Fusion The next installation in the Ford sedan lineup not only joins as the new mid sized sedan, but also as the Ford entry for NASCAR.

2015 Ford fusion dead mouse

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 01:35 PM
Thumbs down 2015 Ford fusion dead mouse

Finally bought a new car after waiting 37 years. We purchased a new 2015 Ford fusion hybrid. Its only been a month and we had this god awful smell coming out of the vents when the a/c was on. After taking it back to the same dealership we found out there was a dead mouse which entered from the exterior and died by the cabin air-filter. What are the best options for getting the smell out? Why would something be designed to allow a mouse the access to the cabin filter? I have owned many non-Ford cars and I have never had this problem. It really took away the pride of owning a new car and having that new car smell. I may be taking a loss and trading in a car with around 1000 miles on it.

We finally uploaded the video of the car at the dealership being repaired. This is straight from the Ford service department.

Maybe I should hang a ratatouille welcome sign on the cowl considering the size of the hole in the video.

Last edited by Cliff Newton; 04-07-2015 at 04:37 PM. Reason: added link
Old 04-06-2015, 03:02 PM

I know where your coming from. A mouse had managed to get into a Taurus my wife had . I finally located the body and the six dead babys. Never could get rid of the smell. Wound up getting rid of the Taurus.

Old 04-08-2015, 04:41 AM

Try getting your hands on a good OZONE Generator. Run it in the vehicle for 24 hours. That should get rid on the smell. You Dealership may have one as most use them to get rid of the cigarette smoke smell in used vehicles prior to selling them.

Old 04-08-2015, 06:29 PM
Default Ford Joke

Common Sense... Thats exactly what Ford service did. Its been on the machine for almost 24 hours and they assure me that the smell is gone. Its still upsetting that a car will never smell new again. A simple mesh or screen probably would have prevented this mess.

I was a little taken back when a customer service representative from Ford made a joke about my problem. I am glad that they found humor in this expensive problem of mine.

Attached Thumbnails 2015 Ford fusion dead mouse-joke.jpg  
Old 04-08-2015, 06:41 PM
Default Joke

Trying to upload a picture of the joke.

Attached Thumbnails 2015 Ford fusion dead mouse-joke.jpg  
Old 04-08-2015, 11:31 PM

Kinda hard to make a critter proof vehicle. If they want in, they'll get in, be it squeeze or chew. I saw a chipmunk coming out the tail pipe of my neighbors new Toyota Camry the other day. Then there's a few years back, I had a friend that wanted my to do a tune-up on his GMC pickup because it was running like crap. Found that a squirrel crawled un into the air box and filled it full of leaves and about what seems like 5 pounds on acorns for the winter. Then there's Mazda that had drivability issues due to the yellow sac spider that apparently loves gasoline. The engineers never expected that one, not once but twice.

Gasoline-loving spiders cause Mazda car recall for second time | Reuters

Last edited by Use Common Sense; 04-08-2015 at 11:33 PM.
Old 09-16-2020, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by Cliff Newton
Common Sense... Thats exactly what Ford service did. Its been on the machine for almost 24 hours and they assure me that the smell is gone. Its still upsetting that a car will never smell new again. A simple mesh or screen probably would have prevented this mess.

I was a little taken back when a customer service representative from Ford made a joke about my problem. I am glad that they found humor in this expensive problem of mine.
hey, I've been looking for a thread with rodents. Have you got rid of the smell? And could anybody advice me some poisons or methods to get rid of rodents from my garage, cause they almost destroyed my Ford!!!

Old 09-16-2020, 02:57 AM

You can try mothballs or repellers . I also fought with rodents for a long time. They also damaged the inside of my Ford when it was in the garage. After that I declared a war and tried different methods to kill them. Poisoned baits, liquid or food, are used most often, but not always help. I also have dogs at home and I'm scared for them. Though recently I came across a natural rodent repeller. You can enter here and check it. It is written that freshens and protects our storage areas for up to 90 days.

Last edited by MarFor; 09-21-2020 at 11:37 PM.
Old 09-17-2020, 06:53 AM

Let's face it, As the weather changes toward colder temperatures, especially mice, are looking for a nice warm place to make a home. And they do get into unbelievable holes and spaces. Some will fit into a space as large as a small pinky finger tip. Last year we trapped 16 mice looking to make a home in some of my equip.The others made it !
Still haven't determined why they they like to chew off the PVC covering on wiring and cause some mysterious electrical problems. Quite common in country locations where vehicles are parked outside even for a short time.