Ford Fusion The next installation in the Ford sedan lineup not only joins as the new mid sized sedan, but also as the Ford entry for NASCAR.

DONT BUY A 2013 Fusion

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Glad their finally moving on getting it fixed..

It can be that way with any manufacturer when parts are slow to be supplied for late models. You'd think body panels would be some of the first pieces to be available, or shipped factory direct if not available through area distribution..

A friend of mine bought a new 05 Corvette (week or so old/still had the paper plates) and it had a brake line fire on/against the exhaust manifold on the driver side. He was driving down the freeway when the car started 'billowing' smoke and he quickly exited the freeway to a Chevy dealer that happened to be on the auto row there.. He didn't have an extinguisher, and thought this would be his best shot to get it put out before it torched, so he pulled it front of the Showroom and a sales person came running out as fire control! NOT a good selling point.

Damage wasn't too bad, but the extinguisher made a mess too. I would have asked, ok demanded that it be totaled and replaced, but it went in to be repaired. Sort of the same situation your in where parts were very slow coming and availability issues. They had his Vette for over 3 months and if I remember,, the final hold up was for a replacement brake line. He was a little more than frustrated

Old 03-11-2013, 10:10 AM
Default New update

Things have not improved. STILL waiting parts even with Ford involvement.Now a second delay on the Parking sensor and believe it or not.. the hoodrelease latch... FRUSTRATED!!!!.. Ford’s answer is “Sir, we are working to getthe parts to you as soon as we can”…

Old 06-30-2013, 01:30 PM

I would be suggesting that rather than engaging in tortious antagonism Ford remove parts from a stock vehicle and wait on replacements or pull them directly from assembly line parts supply and produce one less car for the day.

Old 10-01-2013, 01:10 PM

Parts delays aside, I also recommend NOT buying a 2013 Fusion. We have had ours for 7 months and it has been in the shop three times for computer issues, grinding noises, power window issues, and camera issues. I am living in fear of what is going to happen once the warranty expires. Ford may fix their product in coming years but stay away from the 2013 models.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:02 AM

I've had mine for 95 days and 2705 miles. The only issue is a small plastic piece around the pivot of the sun visor that fell off and won't stay in place when replaced. It's not quite half the size of a postage stamp and not noticeable. I'm very pleased with it so far.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:04 AM

new car replacement parts have been a hard item to acquire for the first run of any brand, item, product… the parts shelves will be filled when the factory runs a few days between year models…. otherwise you just take your chances that they will be able to find a replacement part…..now if your car was at least one year old the part should be available and shipped within a day or two… just the way the system works now, that the factories don't keep parts on hand…
the way factories are currently operated, the parts arrive just in time to be installed.. the suppliers receive the order when the vehicle is ordered. and schedules the delivery based on their production speed.. if in this case ford had to order extra parts, the suppliers will insert the order between runs… the door panel should be shipped within a few days…as they are produced in house….