Please help with mykey - Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners

Old 12-03-2017, 02:18 PM

Default Please help with mykey

Ok so i bought this car about a week ago from this shady dealership and it didnt come with the original key. I was fiddling around with settings this morning and i activated a volume restriction with this copied key the only key i have. Is there no way to fix this ? I should be able to deactivate anything i activated with this same key shouldnt i ? I have a 2012 ford fusion. Note. The volume restriction was not active when i bought the car. I somehow activated it with this copied key (there is and was no original that was sold to me)
Old 12-03-2017, 07:00 PM

I could be wrong with this, but as I see it you have two choices.
The first would be to obtain the services of a qualified locksmith that will cut and program at least 2 keys for you . (Keys have to be programmed to your particular vehicle). After you get 2 you can program your own.
The other choice would be to have a dealership handle the job.
Keys and programming can run anywhere from $75.00 to 125 per key expect a hefty bill.
I have never herd of the term volume restriction could you clarify that for me?
Old 12-04-2017, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanky View Post
I could be wrong with this, but as I see it you have two choices.
The first would be to obtain the services of a qualified locksmith that will cut and program at least 2 keys for you . (Keys have to be programmed to your particular vehicle). After you get 2 you can program your own.
The other choice would be to have a dealership handle the job.
Keys and programming can run anywhere from $75.00 to 125 per key expect a hefty bill.
I have never herd of the term volume restriction could you clarify that for me?
MyKey settings are restrictions you can place on copied keys from what i understand. If for example i wanted to let my nephew drive i can place restrictions on top speed of travel and volume among other things. The restrictions will be in place for any key that isnt the original (key with unlock buttons attached which didnt come with the car >.>) My volume is currently restricted to 45% of max value. I was wondering since i didnt set the restrictions with the 'master key' if i could also somehow take it off without the master key. For example by pulling the right fuse ? Resetting the system somehow ? Idk but i'd like to find out. I work about 13 hrs a day. Pretty much whenever a dealership would be open. So i'd like to solve this without a dealership if possible. It may be several weeks before i can find time to stop by one and have a new master key made.