Ford Performance Other parts make up a vehicle besides 'go fast' parts... discuss and review any of your other mods here.
View Poll Results: Rate my post
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Couple issues with a 1997 crown vic

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 03:38 PM
Default Couple issues with a 1997 crown vic

I have a 97' Crown LX detective pakage. I have two issues with it one small and one large. The small issue is that my turn signals will not flash. All other lights; hazards break reverse etc work. the lil arrow in dash display doesnt even show unless i flip the signals on and off manually; and then it is only ever so often. (the arrows on dash will flicker but wont stay on) Right before I noticed the turn signals though the air control (part F7VH-19c933-AA /EATC-FN115 WHITE) went out. My air compressor went out and my boyfriend asked me to turn air on, I did so but as soon as I walked away it must have went out.

It is getting power for sure; the unit lights up when interior lights and head lights are turned on but it will not display anything on the screen( It is digital by the way) or run the fan. Nothing! We have checked relays and fuses and even tryed a different unit; the the new unit did the same thing. I am thinking it is a wiring issue but I have no idea where to find a wiring diagram; with out buying a a service manual(Money I dont have at the moment) I could also use a digram for the i/p fuse box and other fuse boxes since he lost the manual for the car years before it! LOL!

It is getting cold and I have no defrost except for the rear! Any help anybody can give me would be helpful even if it is just a similar situation you had and what the solution was for yours might help! Thank you so much for your time!