New Member Area New to Ford Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Possible removed bolts to oil

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 06:42 PM

Took it to ford. Told them it was a leap of faith returning due to the last experience. I informed them the car had been inspected and was involved in a legal matter. I told them I wouldn't authorize any service today, my only request was to receive the codes on the car currently and an inspection of AC. I do not believe I have cause for concern on tampering but we shall see. They performed a courtesy inspection without charge.
However, they claimed to be unable to complete the code check due to the codes explanation. 412(Cannot control RPM during KOER test High RPM check)173(HO2S)Sensor fault rich 538(INvalid cylinder balance check test due to imbalance of throttle movement during test). Again, I am back to throttle. Engine light is still off.
Tell me, does that not sound like the sensor controling the throttle could be faulty?
Hayapower, do you think an analog test could have still be done on the throttle
to determin if it was faulty at this Ford Center? I spoke directly to the fact that
all indicators were a faulty TPS, yet they did not address this request to check it for drop outs? Or should I suspect the codes are manipulated and false? guess I will check it myself with my own and then disconnect the battery to reset it and see if it comes back....
Ford said the A/C could no longer be worked on in their garage but they could retrofit
and it was not able to be vacuum checked for leaks. I have obtained a separate garage who claims to be able to fix these models.......what next,...

Old 05-06-2012, 10:16 PM

Here's the kicker....took a break from this drama....mow the yard, pick up new gas can, long story why I don't have a can....went to autoparts, nice guys, no problems
but......I picked up the cheapest marked 11.99 on shelf....it came up on the register
as 16.99........I said hey why so much, it says 11.99.....so we went back to the aisle, sure enough 11.99.....sold it to me for 10.99....

Old 05-07-2012, 07:40 PM

Whenever I had a problem that gave the code for not being able to control engine idle speed it involved the IAC valve on the throttle body.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:46 PM

I was just thinking I better double check my info too. Brakes were squeeking when I got home from ford. Thought they might not have done the keep alive memory after working on in...5min. disconnect and 15idle. Just took it for a ride. The brakes have stopped sqeeking, check light stays off while in low speeds with overdrive off. Check engine light came on in overdrive at about 45=50. Went to talk to someone who finally said they would put in a TPS and had an intelligent conversation with them, when they said TPS could burn my catalyc Conv. I recalled a conversation with a prior mechanic urging me not to change TPS but change conv. Now I guess I will consider the IAC Valve a bit more. Appt. tomorrow for TPS without diagnostic
because I don't trust anyone at this point....wish I could trust a diagnostic and believe it was all in truth. Wondering if the IAC valve could be the result of the bad vapor hose......guess another long night of worry.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:23 PM

Well, Hanky, that was confusing. Idles very well, does not stall. Starts up well.
White smoke during the keep alive memory. High idle shifted down to a low idle. Some one messing with it every other day I am wondering what the eec is confused.lol. Idled better in driving, brake sensors have adjusted, but the check engine light that had been off for a couple days has now reappeared. What the heck!!I'll take it out again tonight see if it's a matter of resetting.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:55 AM

Well Hanky, got up in the middle of the night for no traffic. Ran it on the freeway, ran in low speeds city. OD and OD off. Idle is vastly improved after keep alive reset. No check light this morning. No squeeky brakes. My assumption at this point is the memory was not properly reset before the last check for codes at Ford. I did not give them permission, but it had not dawned on me this was not reset after the vapor hose replacement, and I believe ford pulled up this memory therefore setting the codes they gave. I did not pointedly suggest to reset the computer......Had an appt. for TPS install, part in my van, but cancelled it because I want to see if the computer will reset the throttle or if performance can be improved with new one.
Somehow or another, this game playing to see how much a person knows about their cars should be better monitored or somthing. I know as a female, I have been told a few stories on the job which I know are not correct.....yet, men continue to try to see how stupid I am............Right at the moment, I have no symptoms with the van.
I will try to calculate mlg now, see if it is where it should be.

Old 05-08-2012, 02:05 PM

The IAC valve is supposed to function to control the RPM when testing.
It controls a lot more than just idle. When the code came up that said could not control engine RPM , it does that with the IAC valve.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:50 PM

IAC only showed up after vapor hose issue. It hadn't fit originally with the symptoms.
Now driving it, it doesn't seem to have symptoms other than the check light. It idles fine now with factory reset; keep alive. I think I am back to the original cause prior to the games...Still trying to find a mechanic I trust....still have to see what he was doing in the fuse box.....Im exhausted of the games...too many cars under warranty with last retirment prog. mechanics have less cars.....feed their own kids, and starve mine......I've always said, a man without conscious is a man with god. ....lot of them out here.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:44 PM

maybe MAF.....

Old 05-09-2012, 07:26 PM

In for elect.diagnostic fri. /trans.fluid again - probably wasn't done/rental car - looks like a law issue/ R12 can be done at 250. ?leak - well nother story.
can say, when ford made an oversight they were quick to return my money, sent many apologies, polite/never filed acomplaint -this guy doesn't even have that....
life was simplier in that old rambler with my dad...........take care hanky.......

Quick Reply: Possible removed bolts to oil