New Member Area New to Ford Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Possible removed bolts to oil

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 09:38 PM
Default electric diagnostic

I can't help myself..the diagnostic was a joke....incredible he could say it with a straight face..caught the lie, courtesy no charge once again....4 diag. all no chg...crazy

Iwent back to the beginning...looked for the most simple in your face thing I missed,...47000....1000 pretimed min. are up....lol....PCM........trouble is....I need a good maintenance man....lol...might have to take it out of state.....

As for AC, ...why the mechanic didn't want to fix it is beyond me, unless it was working fine before his diagnostic, didn't use it often...humidity bogges it down.....defroster occ...

People with hair pulling ford problems, replaced everything, go back to the beginning....PCM, map, tps...

Old 05-19-2012, 11:10 PM

I should have said 1000 pretimed module for check engine lite - 15k - 45k.....PCM for voltage....map..for checklite...throttle position sensor ... fuses........mechanics can tamper
with it undetected....

Hanky, you think the emf could have caused the pcm to misfunction..spendy but it controls
everything...5volts off a touch?.....

Old 05-20-2012, 05:41 AM

Do you have any ASE certified shops around ? Generally a tech certified in engine repair and driveability will have the work ethic you desire. If you keep learning you will be able to do the repairs yourself.
The electronic components are supposed to be protected/shielded from EMI , but the only way to be sure would be to "substitute a known good unit".

Old 05-22-2012, 11:53 PM

Yeah, a couple places with ASE. Have to take it in for AC..still working through the everything ..today, tomorrow... i think the pcm is safe.figure the low pressure switch is functioning. Doesn't look like any leaks, just empty....would like a mobile a/c truck, a dream of course....ho hum...probably do a AAA station, better chance maybe of good job?.....tired of fixing what the mechanics screw up.

Old 05-26-2012, 12:24 AM

Okay, Hanky, mystery is partially solved. The emf sent too much voltage to the car. Probably burnt a fuse or two. Went to mech. He sells me on a trans. fld. gasket..HO2 sensor..calls me to say..fuel pump...I say no....so he put a faulty HO2 in the car,...changes fld..charges me
too much, for what I agreed. So how come no one out there mentioned probably HO2?....doing my digging, it's a common deception which will cause all kinds of grief

To add to the insult to injury....he claims he doesn't ever look at fuse boxes in diagnostics?
No wonder when I said no to the fuel pump he said. "If you don't, it's going to be one thing after another"....criminal really, intent to ruin a vehicle, emit emissions intentionally, ....
I'm not even going to tell you what the 'electrical diagnostic' referred by two mechanics as
'really good' did....

I have trusted two shops at 450....both shops have cost me an approx. 600. in repairs by mobile mechanics who I watched like hawks..to repair damage caused by the mechanics....not to mention 450. car rental...400. lost work so far...parts at 100. ...my van is sitting still with issues...vacation reservations lost....and I haven't even gotten a chance to find out the condition of the AC at 350....now replace ho2 50.00..flush out radiator..oil change........more money...
and all I wanted was a maintenance man....I don't want to be a mechanic..I don't have experience ....