New Member Area New to Ford Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Volume in car is out of whack

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 08:30 AM
Question Volume in car is out of whack

A month ago my fusion battery died and by the time I got it fixed a day had passed. In that time I’m not sure what exactly happened but the volume in my car has not been the same. Now the volume could be on the lowest setting and yet it’s too loud. Before I’d have my in car volume on half and it was perfect. Idk what’s causing the volume to be out of whack but is there anything that can be done to get it back to what it was before?

Old 02-28-2019, 01:42 PM

Usually volume controls use a rheostat to control volume and some use a digital system to control volume..

If you haven't considered this yet it might help.
You may get a check engine light and definitely will need to reset all your radio stations and any features that have electronic memory
Disconnect the negative battery cable and hold the disconnected end on to the positive cable end for a few minutes . This will erase some of the memory and just may get the gremlins out of your radio. Also, after you reconnect the cable to the negative battery post when you start the vehicle do not touch the accelerator pedal so the computer can learn the correct idle speed etc. Wait a few minutes and while waiting for the idle relearn check if the radio problem is still present.