Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Storage & Virus!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2020, 12:41 AM
Default Storage & Virus!!!

Hey guys,
I have a Mustang, an SUV, and a Sedan. It is a 2019 Ecoboost mustang, a 2019 Ford Explorer, and a 2018 Ford Focus that I have. Probably I won't need all of these for a few weeks now because of the current situation. Anyway, I don't take all of these frequently since it is mostly Sedan that I use. So am I thinking of locking away the rest. My garage work was going on, and it has only reached halfway. So I enquired about storage units in Markham, luckily I found one which is still servicing. I have rented a storage unit for the best price there. But since it is just one among a few storage units that are still working, many would be using it. That got me a little worried!
It is not unlikely that I could catch the virus from the unit. But shouldn't you be worried!

Old 04-10-2020, 12:16 PM

As far as vehicle storage, depending on where stored (climate) first I would suggest that you check with your owner's manuals , they usually have recommendations in there.

To prevent battery problems , I would remove the battery(s) , take them with me and try to keep them charged so that when needed you can reinstall them and move the vehicles. Check again with the owners manual because some alarm systems may be activated when reinstalling the battery.

Far be it for me to offer any medical advice, but there are a few precautions you should follow like mask, gloves and hand sanitizing that probably should be considered.
There are several programs on TV and other means that should bring you up to speed and offer some guidance.
Let's hope you can use and enjoy using your vehicles when conditions improve (could be months). "Stay safe, stay well, and stay home" !