Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

What does everyone do?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 11:41 PM
Default RE: What does everyone do?

36 years in manifacturing...............maintenance mechanic

Drag racing, rebuilding cars/trucks/ and doing the wife.

Old 08-11-2006, 01:02 AM

I'm a stationary engineer. I work on and operate high pressure steam boilers and hvac equipment in Dulles VA, at the Air and Space museum, Steven F. Hazy center. Beside Dulles airport, VA.

I enjoy spending time with my wife of 12yrs and two kids (girls 7 and 9). We try to spend as much time as we can on our boat,But it seems to be had to get time for it lately. Playing, swimming, fishing and going to the movies.
My 7 year old daughter Lexi is my little helper. Every time I work on my car or do a mod to my truck she's the first there to help.

New to this forum, just about a week.

Old 08-11-2006, 10:07 AM

And I am currently in the home improvement bussiness for the past 10 year's.I am the owner of the bussiness and now have 3 pepole do my work for me.[ul][*] I have 15 years as a auto mechanic.[*] And I am currently in the home improvement bussiness for the past 10 year's.[*] I am the owner of the bussiness and now have 3 pepole do my work for me.[[*] As for hobby's[*] I like fishing and camping[*] Working on computers[*] Building computers[*] Working on cars and truck's[*] And traveling
[/ul]
[/ul]

Old 08-17-2006, 06:55 PM

1. I go to school. 2. I'll do anything in my spare time, which i have too much time on my hands, i like to do pretty much anything, fishing, computer, video games (PS2), riding 4 wheelers...pretty much anything fun...or boring.

Old 08-17-2006, 07:14 PM

1. I go to school. 2. I like to go watch the local dirt track races.

Old 08-18-2006, 12:05 AM

i build sport compact cars, one off,s

Old 08-24-2006, 06:30 PM

I have a small auto resto shop, currently rebuilding 2 57 T birds, a 46 chevy pick-up and a 38 plymouth coupe.

I have a multitude of old fords of my own ranging from centre door T, 46 & 48 merc woodies, 57-58 fairlanes, 34 KA Lincoln 69 mach1 and 73 xa fairmont coupe( don't know if you guys have these in the States), so obviously no time for other hobbies.

Old 09-15-2006, 11:35 PM

I work in a bank-------giving everyone all their money and not keeping any for me!!!

Hobbies include: reading, painting, gardening and drag racing

Old 09-27-2006, 03:59 AM

Hello I am Tammy,

1. I am a Mortgage Broker. I love what I do and I earn a very good living. I have been Originating for 12 years now and have put a lot of families in homes they would have not qualified for. I do mostly "bad credit loans" with good rates. I truly believe that everyone deserves to own a home and their children should always have a place to call home. This is why I love what I do. That mostly but, the money is Great.

2. I have 4 children, 18, 17, 4 and 1. I love going to the race track and doing poker runs. I like picnic's and long days at the zoo and aquarium, I like comedy shows, the beach, festivals, concerts and well I am a family goer I guess you can say. I only dirve my car when the younger children are with their dad. (Every other weekend). I guess thats great for the low milage. I have 4 vehicles, (Mustang Cobra; my toy), 2004 Dodge Truck 1500, Acura 2.5 TL and an Acura MDX. I guess you can say I really like cars. My auto insurance is only about $350 mo for just the mustang then I have a separate policy for the other 3 vehicles that runs about $350 too.

I am really surprised to see so many older people on this site. Most ford websites have a lot of teen agers giving advice about stuff they truly don't have a clue. example. My car has a manifold. I posted a poll asking if I should get headers or not? I got advice from a few people someone who didn't even know my car had a manifold. nothing upsets me more than someone giving advice about something they know nothing about.

Well, I have enjoyed being on this forum. I really like the variance of professionals too. Great thread starter!!!

Old 09-27-2006, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

I know what you mean Tammy, about the advice. Was that on the sister forum(same owners as this site) with the intitials MF? I stopped going there because of all the BS nonsense. What irritated me was the bashing if you didn't do what they would do or suggested to someone asking advice, something they wouldn't do.

Anyways glad to have you aboard and enjoy.

Quick Reply: What does everyone do?