Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

What does everyone do?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 11:53 PM
Default RE: What does everyone do?

1. I'm a Union Sheetmetal Worker here in St. Louis. I work for a reputable heating and cooling firm on their system replacement and add-on team. I love it!

2.I'm a big car and motorcycle guy. I love topolish and fix on my 1978Diamond Jubilee T-Bird(78k original miles) and run the pee wads out of my 2002 Honda 919.

I also like beer.

Old 01-04-2008, 01:35 AM

1 two weeks ago, I was a cdl class a driver,and heavy equipment operator, for a construction company. Now I'm an unemployed bum hoping to get back into Law Enforcement.

2 hobbies- working on my ford explorer (93), riding my suzuki sportbike (also belong to gsxr.com, gixxer.com, and uponone.com),
surfing the net

Tallahassee, Florida

Old 01-04-2008, 04:17 PM

1. I've worked for Ford at the dealership level for the past 35 years, hense the name. I have done everything from technician, shop foreman, assistant service manager, and now I work in parts. I have taught ford drivablity and electronics. Uncle Sam was good enough to teach me electronics back in the 60's and I got to work with satellites and computors back then. So when the automotive industy went to electronic ignition, I was right at home. Been trying to keep up ever since.

2. I like to fish. Did I mention fishing? I live on a lake, here in Texas, and live close to quite a few more. I think I have fished only half the lakes in Texas, and a few in Missouri. But I like to fish. I also love to spend time with my wife and kids and grandkids. My wife and I love to go and look at cemetaries. Older the better. No it isn't morbid, it is fasinating to find families in different places in cemetaries and fiqure out relationships of one to another. Guess I'll shut up now. Oh, did I mention fishing? Lee

Old 01-10-2008, 02:55 PM

1. I'll tell you about what I used to do before becoming disabled. I've worked in the automotive industry in different capacities all my life except for an 8 yr stint in the military. I've worked in dealers, parts stores, parts manufacturers, etc. The biggest company was GM but there were the suppliers such as Holley carburetor and McCord gasket. It was nice to be able to go to NASCAR tracks and sign in along with the teams and drivers. I did get to become an autocad draftsman when I physically was unable to do what I used to do testing engines. It was a nice job but who gets laid off first of course the junior employee that's also old. Learned a whole lot about fasteners though. The wife and I also ran a mom & pop business that got out of hand as a hobby. I liked the work and she liked the money.

2. Main hobby has been cars. Started at age 5 and graduated from models to the real thing in one way or another. Did drag racing till I went off circle tracking. It was nice having all the facilities to do carbs a mile away from the race car shop. We got a lot of NASCAR parts from my employer/sponsor to help out on the race car. Free stuff was all right. Since I'm doing better these days I want to fix up my ride. I'm a hobbyist with firearms also. We ran a very successful business till the feds tightened up on things and it wasn't worth it. All that's left is one bullet casting machine hardly used. Oh I like a beer or a mixed drink but not like the younger days in the military. I'mself taught on a computer. I had to hop up our first one and then built one there after. I've got a laptop now my wife gave me for coming back from almost dying.

Old 01-11-2008, 01:15 PM

1. Work at a Ford dealership, Senior Master, Diesel and Hybrid certified tech.

2. Play guitar, tinker with project cars, play video games occasionally.

Old 01-11-2008, 06:38 PM

Let's see, I am a caraholic. Bought my 3rd (and only current) 4x4 in December 2007.I picked up my 1991 Explorer Sport (vehicle number 43) - it only has 218,000highway miles on it.Last week the electronic 4WD stopped working so I'm getting into that this weekend. I'm an explosives safety engineer and really get a bang out of my job. I've been in my current line of work foralmost 25years. I volunteered as a Paramedic for 20 years andas a Firefighter for more than a decade - safety just paid better, so I did my fun jobs for free.

For fun, I like SCUBA diving in warm water - cold water $ucks, but it's closer to where I live. Car number 41 is a 2005 Crown Victoria LX that I put a 6psiIntercooled Supercharger on. So I guess I like tinkering on car and trucks. I also like shooting and wine tasting (not at the same time though). As I get older, I kind of enjoy just sitting in front of the TV and getting fat . . .