Ford Crown Victoria The crown victoria, the choice of police forces all over the United States due to its size and available V8 engine

Car shut off at light 09 crown Vic

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 02:11 PM
Default Car shut off at light 09 crown Vic

Car was running perfectly fine just shut off out all of a sudden. Will crank over bit won’t start, I have fuel pressure, spark. It does start for a few seconds with starter fluid, any help would be appreciated

Old 10-29-2018, 07:29 PM

How was it determined you have fuel pressure?
Since it will attempt to run with the shot of starter fluid that would indicate no or insufficient fuel.
There is a FPDM , fuel pump driver module, in the driver's side of the front of the trunk. The signal for pump operation goes to the driver module then on down to the fuel pump module in the tank.
Do you hear the usual 2 seconds of pump operation when you first turn the key on?
If yes,the pump is operating , but possible with not enough pressure.
If no, then it needs to be determined if the voltage is being sent to the inertia switch near the FPDM whjich should be checked to make sure it was not tripped. In that case just push the button down and reset the inertia switch.
If power is getting to the inertia sw then need to verify power is getting to the FPDM.if all that checks out OK and the fuel pump still doesn't run , there is a good possibility the FPDM is malfunctioning or the fuel pump is questionable..These checks should be done to avoid replacing good parts which can get expensive..

Old 10-30-2018, 08:12 AM

I have up to 75 PSI fuel pressure while cranking and that was verified with my scan tool. So that eliminates all that you wrote, now I have discovered that my fuel injectors are not pulsing when I checked with my noid light tester. So I feel like I’m not getting the signal from the PCM