Ford Crown Victoria The crown victoria, the choice of police forces all over the United States due to its size and available V8 engine

fuel pump trouble

Old 12-15-2018, 03:14 PM

So I replaced the fuel filter adapter gasket to get rid of my oil leak. I had a mechanic from down the street come take a look and we found out it's the damn security system. The chip in the key is only being detected sometimes. I'm going to be getting a new key. In the mean time is there anyway to override or bypass the security system?

Old 12-16-2018, 06:24 AM

Please be aware the new key must be coded to your particular vehicle. There is a procedure, but you must have 2 working keys to code any new keys yourself, otherwise you MUST have a capable locksmith or dealership code the new key to your vehicle or it will not start.
I have a problem with;
If your vehicle starts with starting fluid it can' be an anti-theft problem. If it starts with starting fluid, it has a fuel/electrical problem pertaining to the fuel supply system.

Old 12-16-2018, 09:55 AM

It actually wasn't the key. It was a loose wire on the wire harness for the security system that connects to the security system at the ignition.

Old 12-16-2018, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by hanky
Please be aware the new key must be coded to your particular vehicle. There is a procedure, but you must have 2 working keys to code any new keys yourself, otherwise you MUST have a capable locksmith or dealership code the new key to your vehicle or it will not start.
I have a problem with;
If your vehicle starts with starting fluid it can' be an anti-theft problem. If it starts with starting fluid, it has a fuel/electrical problem pertaining to the fuel supply system.
You can program a key without any other programmed keys by putting the new key in and putting it to the on position. After the security light goes off after 15 min you turn the key off and back on. After 15 min the security light will go off and you cycle the key off and on again and repeat the process 1 more time and the key should be programmed