Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

Stranded

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 09:25 AM

I had a similar issue to the ECM (EEC) issue that stranded me last October, thankfully this time in my driveway, My van sits unused especially over the winter, I try to drive it monthly but when I went to use it last week I was unable to get it to start, after checking the basics I noted the CEL light was not coming on when ignition was attempted, similar to my previous issue, I have had a blinking cell light when driving both before and after the ECM failure & was in the process of diagnosing that when I tried starting. As the symptoms were similar I chose to replace the ECM again, & when I plugged the new refurbished unit in still had no CEL & no start, then I jiggled the wiring harness into the ECM & got the CEL light & it started, so now I see the problem is the wiring harness/plug & may not have been the ECM this time & possibly not in October, Today I will plug the ECM that I just replaced back in & see if I can get it to function, anyone have issues similar to mine, any suggestions?

I had posted on my blinking CEL light & was advised that indicates a too rich fuel mixture, which might be caused by a faulty Temp Sensor, which I have & was going to replace when this non start issue returned, I now think the bad connection at the wire harness/plug might be causing the blinking CEL. I also had replaced the primary fuel pump prior to my failure in October, my van has 2 tanks & both in-tank pumps are functioning, the primary pump had failed & I had a non starting issue when that happened too