Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

“Transmission not in park”

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2021, 08:42 AM
Default “Transmission not in park”

Hello.

my 2016 escape has the “engine fault service now” light come on right after an oil change but before I could bring it it, as I pulled into my garage yesterday I suddenly got a “transmission not in park” red message. I was able to drive it into my garage and since have started it and gone back and forth in the driveway with no alert but I’m afraid to drive it and of course everything is closed for the holidays. Anyone have any experience with this or insight? Only like 30k miles on the car total.

thanks!

Old 01-01-2021, 10:34 AM

If it is only the trans not in park, you could always use the paring brake to insure the vehicle won't move when you park it.
The other concern, fault service now is something you should not disregard. What you might do is check if there is any oil loss where the oil filter is mounted. Also check the engine oil level to insure no oil has been lost. Can we ask where the oil change was done?

Old 01-01-2021, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by hanky
If it is only the trans not in park, you could always use the paring brake to insure the vehicle won't move when you park it.
The other concern, fault service now is something you should not disregard. What you might do is check if there is any oil loss where the oil filter is mounted. Also check the engine oil level to insure no oil has been lost. Can we ask where the oil change was done?
thank you for your response! I’m definitely not disregarding! It was a perfect storm of moving, holidays etc that prevented me from taking it in immediately. My husband plans to bring it to our mechanic Monday morning. I had it changed at a drive up oil place that I’ve used before without issue.

I did try to get a code on the car even with the warning lit, nothing came up on the scanner, which is strange to me.

Old 01-02-2021, 10:02 PM
Default I think it's the TR sensor it's a transistor in the gearbox I have the same issueso

Originally Posted by Jsasso
thank you for your response! I’m definitely not disregarding! It was a perfect storm of moving, holidays etc that prevented me from taking it in immediately. My husband plans to bring it to our mechanic Monday morning. I had it changed at a drive up oil place that I’ve used before without issue.

I did try to get a code on the car even with the warning lit, nothing came up on the scanner, which is strange to me.

I think it's the TR sensor it's a transistor in the gearbox I have the same issues

Old 05-11-2022, 09:46 AM

Have you fix this problem? I have the same issue