Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

2 Headlight bulb questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2021, 07:04 PM
Question 2 Headlight bulb questions

Question #1) We have a 2016 Ford Escape/S and we want to change over to LED's. The bulbs in there now just don't seem to be bright enough for our old eyes anymore. Called our local Auto-zone and the kid who answered said we needed 3 separate bulbs for each side???(ie: high-beam, low-beam, and fog light bulbs)? HUH?? In my truck, it uses a combo low-beam/hi-beam bulb, with a separate running light/fog light. Our son said he would come over and put them in (I am disabled and can't walk to well to go out and check) so I can't really go out to verify if we need a combo bulb (Hi and Low beam), or if we really do need 1 bulb for each.
Question #2) Once we find out exactly what type/number of bulbs we need, Does anyone have any recommendations on really BRIGHT LED bulbs that hopefully don't cost too much, that we seniors can use in our escape
BONUS Question: Anyone have any quick tips on how to change the bulbs out? Would like to know in case my son has any trouble changing them

Old 02-09-2021, 07:56 PM

Your Escape does have a separate bulb for Hi Beam and a separate bulb for Low Beam.
The fog lamp is separate also..

Some places require lamps that are "DOT Compliant" and just because places sell the high output lamps doesn't mean they are legal Auto manufacturers have to go by the rules . Suggest you verify with your local dealership service dept. While with them get the correct info on replacing..