New Member Area New to Ford Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

ac leak that I don't know

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2023, 06:50 AM
Default ac leak that I don't know

I have a 2011 f250 6.7 lariat with AC problems that has me throwing my hands up. Not too too familiar with Ford's other than they did a great job designing them to where it's so much fun working on them in those tight spaces you can barely see let alone get a hand in there while in your garage lol. Anyway I have replaced compressor, expansion block, condenser, shrader valves and yet I still have a leak somewhere and put dye in it and saw nothing under the hood, where else can I look that I've forgot about or not aware of? When put freon in lastnight I smelled freon from vents the entire 4hr drive I did and not until right towards the end did temp go from 40 to 48deg in truck. I welcome any and all suggestions or advice please cause here in South Texas the humidity in mornings are horrible then the 112deg in afternoon ain't no better without AC.

Old 08-14-2023, 09:35 AM

It is unfortunate that you had to spend so much time and $$ and still have an A/C problem.

Something you might consider, if the evaporator inside the vehicle is the source of the leak you will have a job on your hands. I would suggest you have someone with an electronic leak detector check the evap area and know once and for all if that is the source of the leak. If it is , you can go from there.
When you replace any parts that require you to open up the system, air, which contains moisture gets into the system and needs to be removed with a vacuum pump for air conditioning work.
If that is not removed the moisture combines with the refrigerant to make an acid that is very destructive to the system, so if you haven't yet, please consider it
.When you are done and ready to charge the system there are procedures to be followed and if not, all that work is for nothing.

Old 08-14-2023, 07:49 PM

Omg I just saw what it takes to get to evaporater and I thought getting to the oil feed line on turbo was a nightmare🤦🏽‍♂️, my buddy has the gauges and vacuum pump and sure enough it is evaporater bc I had cut a lil window behind glovebox last year forgetting I had done that till dropped the glove box and didn't even need the ole yellow glasses to see lil section of dye and o know your not supposed to but since we were slowly losing vacuum I got a can of stop leak to put in and didn't go with cheap can I went with the ac stop leak for $38 for 3 oz. What's the funniest is my buddy that has the gauges is usually my ac expert and has been the one that has told me I needed to buy other parts first and here he was wrong about all🤣🤣. Thank you and will keep updated to see progress

Old 08-15-2023, 05:22 AM

Thank you for the update.