Ford Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with FF? Ask. Have a suggestion to better FF? Tell us here.

2002 Ford f250 v10 gas power loss issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2020, 01:08 PM
Default 2002 Ford f250 v10 gas power loss issue

OK guys I'm new here and need some help when I get in my truck and start driving it'll only drive for 10 minutes then it looses all horsepower even if you floor it the rpms won't go past 2 and it looses speed no matter what. Pull over turn it off and back on it'll drive fine for 10 minutes then the problem comes back itll also back fire every now and then. Its been to 5 shops nobody can figure it out. Its had a fuel test done I was 25 pressure changed the fuel filter got back up to 35. Was told the throttle boddy was bad replaced it nothing. Was told the transmission was going out had it looked at nothing was wrong with it. was told the cats where plugged but it don't have any because its straight piped hopefully you guys can help im running g out of money for maybe problems. If you guys can help ill have to junk it at this point because nobody around me can fix it thanks in advance

Old 09-12-2020, 03:34 PM

From the symptoms you describe, it sounds like your vehicle is going into "Limp Mode"
That strategy is designed to prevent damage to vehicle components due to incorrect info or signals sent to the powertrain control module (Computer) .

It is resetting when you turn the ign off and the PCM resets.
This is not something that you can easily correct without some special tools and equip.
What would be more useful would be to have a qualified shop or experienced tech check your vehicle. This is beyond the average guy. what ever is causing the problem apparently has to have time to let the computer know something is not right. It could be temp or miles driven related . Maybe someone can suggest a different approach, but in any case you will need to have some detailed testing done.