New Member Area New to Ford Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Ford Escape 2014: ABS /Information Light

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2020, 07:48 AM
Unhappy Ford Escape 2014: ABS /Information Light

I have a 2014 Ford Escape Titanium, that since I had two recalls done and a replacement of the right rear ABS sensor, has had the ABS and Anti traction lights come on and stay on for twenty minutes whenever I start the Car in the morning. I have also got a problem with the formation light coming on whenever I put my foot lightly on the brake.The information light and the other light do not go off until I have turned the car off and let it sit for at least fifteen minutes. I have had the Ford company tell me that they cannot get the lights off and that there is no problem, as well as my Mechanic, who actually tried to wipe the processor clean on this car. I thought that the lights had finally been extinguished, when my mechanic unhooked the battery for two days, and then reconnected everything and started the car up without the lights coming on. I then drove the car around for about 200 miles and to my surprise no lights came on until I started my Car two days ago and the ABS light came on and did not go off, even when I stopped the car and turned it off for fifteen minutes. I was hoping someone could help me figure out this problem and let me know how to keep the lights off, since my Diagnostic computer reader does not show anything wrong.